• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Bidding on properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun24

Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice,

I am currently on the waiting list at calico housing for my own flat as at the moment i am living with my parents but i will be moving out soon as i can but i am bidding for flats on www.b-with-us.com but what is annoying is i keep getting unsuccessful :(:mad:

At the moment i bidded on 7 flats and i have been unsuccessful on all of them. :(

I have just bidded on 3 more just now and hopefully i will get successful this time :D

Every thursday flats come on the website for people to bid, just wondering is anyone else having trouble with this or is it just me? :(

I really need a flat as soon as possible, the only thing i can do is just keep bidding until i get successful :) ;)

I contact b-with-us and not much help!

internetuser

I take it you mean council house/flat

It's a point system. Took me 6 months to get one. I was classed homeless, with access to my 2 kids.

njdbaxter

Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice,

I am currently on the waiting list at calico housing for my own flat as at the moment i am living with my parents but i will be moving out soon as i can but i am bidding for flats on www.b-with-us.com but what is annoying is i keep getting unsuccessful :(:mad:

At the moment i bidded on 7 flats and i have been unsuccessful on all of them. :(

I have just bidded on 3 more just now and hopefully i will get successful this time :D

Every thursday flats come on the website for people to bid, just wondering is anyone else having trouble with this or is it just me? :(

I really need a flat as soon as possible, the only thing i can do is just keep bidding until i get successful :) ;)

I contact b-with-us and not much help!

why are you entitled to a council house? Go get a job and rent privately like the rest off us

mjn

Distinguished Member
As you have no children, and currently have a roof over your head, you'll never get one. you'll have to get a job like the rest of us, and rent privately.

Apsilon

Senior Moderator
I wish i could live at home again and have plenty of money in my pocket.... but without the mither from mum and dad for coming in late, spending money, getting drunk, eating takeaways, not cleaning/washing/ironing, not phoning home on friday nights, not paying rent on time, etc etc etc....... :laugh:

Nah, maybe not, i'd rather be skint with bills and a mortgage and do what i want.

Get a job and join the real world and then rent or buy and then like the rest of us, and then realise what a cushy number you had at home :)

shaun24

As you have no children, and currently have a roof over your head, you'll never get one. you'll have to get a job like the rest of us, and rent privately.

Sorry but i disagree, mates of mine who are on the dole have got they own flat with calico housing and they are in the same situation as me and they have no children so your information is wrong so look it up. :mad:

njdbaxter

Sorry but i disagree, mates of mine who are on the dole have got they own flat with calico housing and they are in the same situation as me and they have no children so your information is wrong so look it up. :mad:

ever thought that they lied in the application? loads do it, saying things like there homeless, kicked out of parents house, all sorts of crap. probably more that half of the people on such waiting lists tell porkies or exaggerate to increase there points

Apsilon

Senior Moderator

I think MJN was posting about due circumstance. I'm not entirely sure how council flat applications work but i'm fairly certain that if your parents are well off enough to keep you at home, then you will have "no chance".

Not sure on your mates situations but it sounds like you can be kept at home in a reasonable standard of living. You'll probably find that you will have assessors come to your parents house to ascertain whether you can qualify for a house/flat or not.

shaun24

ever thought that they lied in the application? loads do it, saying things like there homeless, kicked out of parents house, all sorts of crap. probably more that half of the people on such waiting lists tell porkies or exaggerate to increase there points

No they are not lying, why would they? i know them, you don't!

Do you lie when you get a job application or ete? :rolleyes:

shaun24

I think MJN was posting about due circumstance. I'm not entirely sure how council flat applications work but i'm fairly certain that if your parents are well off enough to keep you at home, then you will have "no chance".

Not sure on your mates situations but it sounds like you can be kept at home in a reasonable standard of living. You'll probably find that you will have assessors come to your parents house to ascertain whether you can qualify for a house/flat or not.

If i was not qualify then they would have not accepted my application. :rolleyes:

In my application i stated i live with my parents and at the moment i am on jobseekers.

And they contacted me when they had recived my application and they gived me a letter stating this:

Thank you for choosing to seek a new home though b-with-us.

You are now on the housing register and you can start to look for the home of your choice.

They have also givin me a housing register application number to bid on property's.

I don't think they will give me a application number if they didn't accept me on the waiting list do you? :rolleyes::mad:

Also i got a flat from them before and i was still on jobseekers and the flat i had didn't work out!

mjn

Distinguished Member
From the dealing my Mam had, they wouldn't even entertain her application as she "had a roof over her head" and it widely known that people with children and / or at risk from domestic violence take priority.

You? You have a roof over your head, no children, at risk from domestic abuse?

I stronly believe that council housing should only be available to those that really deserve it, and who need assistance. From what you've said, and the impression i get from your posts........i don't believe you deserve or need a council house, and it seems your council agrees with me.

njdbaxter

No they are not lying, why would they? i know them, you don't!

Do you lie when you get a job application or ete? :rolleyes:

social housing is run on a points system, and trust me people lie to gain points, just because they didnt tell you doesnt mean they didnt. People in my work have actually helped others lie to gain points, it happens a lot.

people do not get a social house just because they live with there parents and want to move out and dont have a job.

shaun24

Also i want to state this:

My brother has moved out and got he's own flat from calico housing and he is on the dole as well so explain that then :rolleyes:

njdbaxter

If i was not qualify then they would have not accepted my application. :rolleyes:

In my application i stated i live with my parents and at the moment i am on jobseekers.

And they contacted me when they had recived my application and they gived me a letter stating this:

Thank you for choosing to seek a new home though b-with-us.

You are now on the housing register and you can start to look for the home of your choice.

They have also givin me a housing register application number to bid on property's.

I don't think they will give me a application number if they didn't accept me on the waiting list do you? :rolleyes::mad:

Also i got a flat from them before and i was still on jobseekers and the flat i had didn't work out!

they always accept it if you are not working and living with parents etc, but the chances of getting one is nil because it is run on a points system and where you live there are probably thousands in the list before you, and if people keep applying in the future who are awarded more points than you, then u will get pushed further and further down the list.

people have been on such lists for more than 10 years

or u could be very lucky and live in an area where there is not many applying for social housing or who dont know about that calico bidding scheme

Last edited:

shaun24

social housing is run on a points system, and trust me people lie to gain points, just because they didnt tell you doesnt mean they didnt. People in my work have actually helped others lie to gain points, it happens a lot.

people do not get a social house just because they live with there parents and want to move out and dont have a job.

Have you ever been on the waiting list on calico housing? to be fair i don't think you know calico.

Well i do look it up on google.

Anyone can rent even if people are on the dole, homeless ete.

Like i said i had a flat from them before but the flat didn't work out so i moved back to my parents.

Now i am back on the waiting list and i am choosing a good flat, i have already bidded on some flat already.

shaun24

they always accept it if you are not working and living with parents etc, but the chances of getting one is nil because it is run on a points system and where you live there are probably thousands in the list before you, and if people keep applying in the future who are awarded more points than you, then u will get pushed further and further down the list.

people have been on such lists for more than 10 years

A few years ago around 2009 i was on the waiting list for a couple of weeks and i was successful and i had my own flat then and i was still on the dole but it turned out the flat was not right for me so i moved back to my parents and now i am choosing a better flats and i already bidded on some flat so explain that. :rolleyes:

njdbaxter

Also i want to state this:

My brother has moved out and got he's own flat from calico housing and he is on the dole as well so explain that then :rolleyes:

then your brother doesnt deserve it, and the calico company is a joke, and the government really needs to change things

unless this is a independant housing association that actual rents out the properties to anyone meeting a certain requirement, as i know people in such housing paying same rent as me and i rent privately

Last edited:

njdbaxter

Have you ever been on the waiting list on calico housing? to be fair i don't think you know calico.

Well i do look it up on google.

Anyone can rent even if people are on the dole, homeless ete.

Like i said i had a flat from them before but the flat didn't work out so i moved back to my parents.

Now i am back on the waiting list and i am choosing a good flat, i have already bidded on some flat already.

what rent were you paying?

shaun24

what rent were you paying?

Nothing because i was on jobseekers, people who get they own flat from calico does not need to pay rent if they on the dole,

But people who are on the dole still need to pay bills ete like gas, water, tv licence ete

people who get jobseekers gets Housing benefits.

kevykat

Distinguished Member
sounds like a family of spongers to me. grow up, get a job, rent a place even with mates.
im 27. moved out at 25 and got a mortage. its so easy just to go out and get us tax payers to feed your ass. thats the prob with this country

shaun24

sounds like a family of spongers to me. grow up, get a job, rent a place even with mates.
im 27. moved out at 25 and got a mortage. its so easy just to go out and get us tax payers to feed your ass. thats the prob with this country

That is why i am on jobseekers, hence the title, jobseeking.

And i am not a sponger, i was in work before. i was working in a warehouse but it closed down due to credit crunch :rolleyes:

I have been applying for vacancies jobs but not having much luck at all at the moment.

Since i have been on jobseekers i have been sending out cv/written applications. :(

njdbaxter

Nothing because i was on jobseekers, people who get they own flat from calico does not need to pay rent if they on the dole,

But people who are on the dole still need to pay bills ete like gas, water, tv licence ete

people who get jobseekers gets Housing benefits.

then there is something wrong with calico housing as nowhere else would a person in such a situation be given a house, and other more deserving people in other towns have been on waiting list for social housing for years.

have you or your family been on jeremy kyle by any chance

kevykat

Distinguished Member
there is jobs, its just people refuse to take them. they think they are too good to work in the likes of Mcd's, KFC etc. would rather get money for nothing than do a ****** job like this. like i said this is the prob with this country. there is always a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom