1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bicycle

Discussion in 'Sport' started by alphaomega16, Oct 10, 2005.

1. alphaomega16

alphaomega16
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,087
    Heya guys I am a fairly big person and have been wanting to get a bike for months and have saved up £250 for one and was wondering if there was any weight limits to what a bike can sustain I would say at a guess I am between 20-25 Stone I was looking at this bike in my catalog but not sure whether to buy it cause I dont know how much it can take.

http://www.littlewoods-online.com/r...tem_id=15&Mis_item_loc_id=1&product=205547606

Its the Saracen "Savage" Bike.

Any advice would be very much welcome.

2. Steve T

Steve T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You might want to repost this in General chat, I think you'll get a better response there.

The link you posted doesn't seem to work, but the Saracen Savage appears to be an "entry level" full suspension bike.

I'm no expert, and have only recently got into Mountain biking myself in the last few months, but will help if I can! FYI, I'm 6'2" and around 15 stone, so pretty big myself.

I would recommend against a cheaper Full-Suspension bike. You really need to be spending alot of money to get a decent one, especially carrying a bit of weight. A good hardtail would be what I recommend and you can probably pick up a pretty reasonable bike for £250.

I had a few capital bonds to spend so I went to Halfords and picked up a 20" frame GT Aggressor 3.0 for £250 (it's now on sale for £199.00 :mad: ) I've put a few hundred miles on it already and it's great! I do a mixture of road, canal path and some woods/trails, but nothing too over the top (yet). This bike has taken everything I've thrown at it. It's got 24 gears, okay components and I can keep up with my brother's Kona Blast (just!)

If I was buying now, and spending around £250, I'd look at something like this:

GT Avalanche

It's got disk brakes, better components and only £15 more than what I paid for mine!

Anyway, I know there are a few more experienced cyclists on the forum, so I'm sure they'll chip in too.