Biamping an Arcam Alpha 10 with an Alpha 8P??

jmagla

Sorry posted this orginially in seperates forum before I realised there was an Arcam specifi forum.

Hi, I had an old Arcam alpha system which I have resurrected, the system is biamped with an alpha 8 integrated amp and an 8p power amp, I have Tannot Revolution 6XTF speakers. I have however, just bought an alpha 10 integrated amp as I felt the 8 didnt give enough oomph, I do intend to get a second hand 10p when I can find one, in the meantime though do you think its worth biamping the 10 (100w) with my existing 8p (50w) or would that be a bit of a mismatch (presumably the gain is the samer though?), or am I better just connecting my new alpha 10 to both speakers and leave the 8P out of the setup?
Oviously I can, and will test both options, but just wanted to see if anyone had done this or had any thoughts?
Also the 10 integrated amp doesent come with the phono stage but I do have a seperate phono amp, can I connect this to any of the inputs on the 10, for exampel aux or cd?
Thanks Michael

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom