Bi-wiring xt-400 ??

cheechy

I've currently got some SIlver Anniveray bi-wire to my GS10's at present but am thinking of upgrading.

I know there are thoughts are what bi-wiring actually does or doesn't do but I certainly think it has merits on these particular speakers.

Anyhow - if I upgrade tp say XT-300/350 or indeed XT-400 QED cable then is it really practicle to bi-wire?
Apart from the difficulties of trying to get Airlocs around two of these cables is there really any benefit when you get this far up the range?

Thoughts?

Repton

Novice Member
good question, i'm in a similar situation myself, i also have silver ani. bi wire for my fronts and use XT400 for the centre speaker, was thinking getting them all connected via genesis silver spiral bi-wire but at £54 per meter it's a bit steep:(

clockworks

Novice Member
Rather than upgrading the speaker cables, why not spend the money on a second amp, and bi-amp your fronts with the existing cable?
I'd expect a bigger improvement in sound quality from doing this.

cheechy

Lol I'm doing that too. I think this is partly the reason for this question cropping up as I was thinking that the SIlver anni may not do the new amp justice (Muscial Fidelity A3.5 to run the fronts)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom