bi wiring speakers? how?

Gary D

Distinguished Member
i have a Yamaha DSP-AX620 and a set of Eltax liberty speakers can anyone shed any light on how to bi wire the front speakers?

do i use speaker set A to one set of speaker posts and set B to the other?

do i need a bi wire cable? can i use two runs of speaker cable to do this?

is it worth it?

any help would be welcome.

thanks

Gary

G

Gomez

Originally posted by buns
In my view and in that of many others, it is a total waste of time.

ad
And of cable, which can be much more expensive. ;)

Gary D

Distinguished Member
thanks guys, i wont bother then, i'll spend the time on watching a dvd i'll buy with the money that would have spent on new cable

cheers

gary

buns

Banned
If you are in any way a handy man type of guy, make your own cable since it is much cheaper.

ad

Nic Rhodes

Originally posted by Garyd
thanks guys, i wont bother then, i'll spend the time on watching a dvd i'll buy with the cable i would have bought.
Much better idea. Buy wiring :mad:

buns

Banned
Originally posted by The Beekeeper
Much better idea. Buy wiring :mad:
Lol :D enjoy it all and dont worry! Wish i could follow that advice, i seem to enjoy the fiddling!

ad

eviljohn2

Novice Member
Although I havn't tried it myself, a few threads here on the subject seem to conclude that rather than biwiring, your best bet is to replace the little metal conductors you get supplied with your speakers to connect the terminals with a length of your speaker cable.

If you can find a few spare centimetres of cable it shouldn't be too hard to do and is a lot cheaper than "proper" biwiring!

buns

Banned
Originally posted by eviljohn2
Although I havn't tried it myself, a few threads here on the subject seem to conclude that rather than biwiring, your best bet is to replace the little metal conductors you get supplied with your speakers to connect the terminals with a length of your speaker cable.

If you can find a few spare centimetres of cable it shouldn't be too hard to do and is a lot cheaper than "proper" biwiring!
Bingo!

The term 'proper' biwiring is something of a misleading phrase since biwiring is only proper to those selling the cables! :D

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom