1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-Wiring front speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jimthetim, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jimthetim

jimthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have a Yamaha RXV630RDS that i'm considering replacing. It lacks a little oomph for my room which is fairly large. I am considering the DSP AX750. Im not concerned about losing the receiver and i'm quite happy with my current 5.1 speaker set up. Does anyone know if the unused circuits to the additional 2 effect speakers on the Yamaha can be used to bi-wire my front main speakers as with the new too expensive Arcam gear?
    Thanks in advance

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Do you mean bi-amp the speakers

3. jimthetim

jimthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, i i do mean bi-amp. I was reading that with the new Arcam AVR250 you can reassign the power amps for the rear speakers to bi amp the front channels. I'm kinda new to all this and i just wondered if you could do a similar thing with all 7 channel amps.

4. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 750 can't bi-amp, only biwire across the A+B posts...having said that, my one sounds lovely in stereo driving a pair of MS906s. I think you need to go up to the 1500 to get bi-amping - but do a quick search for threads about ordering from Germany. I think the 1500 is not much more from Germany!

5. jimthetim

jimthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys