1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-Wiring from speaker sets A & B...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dazed, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I visited my brothers gaf the other day and had a look at his hi-fi. He has a set of B&W P4's and has bi-wired them but has used his Arcam 10's speaker set A for the top terminals and his speaker set B for the bottom terminals. At the time he seemed only to be running on speaker set A. What would be the effect of this. He is adament that it sounds great (although he's had it wired this way from day 1). The dufus is wrong surely?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Sounds like he has the tweeters running on Speaker A and the mids/bass running on Speaker B or vice versa. So if he is only using Speaker A he´ll only get half the sound! I´m assuming he has removed the jumper bars from the terminals on the speakers??

3. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I've been telling him. The jumper bars have been removed. Presumably if he runs both speaker sets then he'll be ok - or should you only really run them from 1 - logically running them from both should be ok. No?

My brother not a great one for reading manuals - I remember him complaining about a lack of bass a few years back and now he owes me £20. Ha ha. Thanks for the reply Jase

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    If the jumper bars are removed then all he has to do is switch on Speaker B and he´ll have the sound that he´s been missing!:D

Tell him to keep the 20 quid and use it to get his ears syringed!:p :D

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If he has been listening with just the tweeters running then he's effectively been listening to a Bose system then. :eek:

Push speakers "B" when he isn't looking. :devil:

6. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sad but funny :D

7. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Don't crank up the sound for a day or two, the woofers still need running in:D . Tweeters will be fine, if a little tired.