bi wiring and bi amping (is it worth it)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by luvitloud, Feb 7, 2014.

1. luvitloud

luvitloud
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I need some advice guy's is it worth it ? I have a pioneer lx82 7.1 but im only using 5.1 both my front (paradigm studio 100s) and rears (b&w dm 600) are bi wire or amp worthy .and my problem is where do I connect to on the back of my reciver
    Any help will be great

Attached Files:

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,065
    Bi-amping to some extent, but biwiring without biamping is a pointless exercise.

You may find this article of some use:
    Bi-amping vs Bi-wiring: What's the Difference and is it Audible? | Audioholics

Is your receiver actually able to facilitate the use of unused amplification stages to bi-amp with? Not all 7.1 receivers actually have the ability to reassign unused back speaker amplification to be used to biamp speaker with. If your receiver can biamp then the front speakers would need the bridging plate beweet the terminals removed. This is important or you'll damage both the speakers and the amp! The front speaker terminals would be connected as normal to the speakers and you'd then use the back terminals on the receiver to connect to the remaining terminals on the speakers. The receiver itself needs to be reconfigured so that the back amps are reassigned for biamping with. As I said, not all receivers have this capability so you need to read your receiver's manual to find out if it is possible and if so then how to reassign the onboard amps.

[​IMG]

You can obtain your receiver's user manual here:
    SC-LX82 - Pictures, support, downloads - Pioneer UK

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. luvitloud

luvitloud
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the quick and help full advise