bi wired speakers

Just Old

Banned
I understand the principal and how to do it with another two separate speaker wires from the amp.
My dealer recommend that I take some speaker lead wire, and make two short lengths and attach them in the plus and minus speaker terminals that connect the amp to the speaker
Then connect the short lengths to the two free terminals above the lower ones on the speakers.

Is this a alternative method he is talking?

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
I think what the dealer is saying is get rid of the gold Jumper Bars that are shorting the Red HF(+) to the LF(+) and the Black HF(-) to the LF(-) on the speakers.

On my speakers, I found the Jumpers unreliable, so I replaced them with short sections of speaker wire. I used Ring Terminals on the so they would stay on and in place when I was changing the regular speaker wires. So far, it has worked very well.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

Just Old

Banned
Steve
yes there are jumper plates on the back of the speakers, but from what I read I'm not sure doing anything will change anything?
Thank's for the reply
JO

formbypc

Novice Member
If the dealer is suggesting bridging the HF and LF terminals with speaker cable instead of the maker's supplied links/bars, then all you need to is strip the insulation back a bit further on your existing cable, and thread it through one terminal to the other.

No need to make up separate short leads, or jumper leads.... positive to positive, negative to negative, bridging HF and LF

P1100924.jpg

Last edited:

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Steve
yes there are jumper plates on the back of the speakers, but from what I read I'm not sure doing anything will change anything?
JO
Since there are jumper bars, you do not need to do anything. Presumably the dealer was talking about a case in which there are no jumpers. For example, my Spires were delivered without them and I was told this was normal over here (after emailing the manufacturer, I received the jumpers, which I'm happily using).

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
In my case, the speaker terminal are all four in a vertical line, so a configuration like formbypc is less workable for me. However, with a configuration like his, this is probably as easy as any.

In your case, if the Jumper Bars are in place, then there isn't much point in Bi-Wiring, and it does nothing.

In my case, I got rid of the Jumper Bars because I found them unreliable, and used a short section of speaker wire in place of the jumpers.

If you are wondering IF you need to bi-wire simply because each speaker has four terminals, the answer is no. The Jumper Bars connect the terminals together, so you can use a single wire pair to feed the speakers.

Steve/bluewizard

Gixxerblade

Novice Member
Your dealer is suggesting an alternative to the jumper bars/wire between the speaker terminals not bi-wiring. Bi-wiring is as you said running an additional run of cable from the amp to the speakers and removing the jumper bars/wire between the speaker terminals.

It has always been a waste of time and money when I have bi-wired speakers but as always it's best to try for yourself if you want to.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom