bi-wire bridging plate thingy for when you don't want to use bi-wire option?

instigator

Prominent Member
Reaction score
didn't there used to be a general speaker section of the forum? oh well... i guess this section will do?

ok, i haven't been in my music room in ages... just getting back into it...

and realised i had tried bi-wiring my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers with my bi-wire capable Cambridge Audio A5 amp...

listening to this system today and comparing it with the ancient Denon AVR 3802 and Mission M2s speakers (in stereo 2.1 and 5 channel stereo and Dolby 5.1) both systems being fed by my Apple Mac Pro but the Denon via Optical digital connection and the Cambridge via analogue out from mac pro as well as analogue out via Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 audio interface... the Wharfedales sounded clouded and "wooly" in the higher frequencies compared to the Denon....

so I want to slap the Wharfedales onto the Denon AVR 3802 but I've realised I only have 2 of the connector plate thingies that bridge the bi-wired option with the 4 posts on the Wharfedales... i can't find replacement thingies so can I just use a small bit of speaker wire to bridge the bi-wire posts?

what are these things called so that i can try and find replacements?

i searched the inter web for "bi-wire bridge or connector" and found similar type plates but made out of Unobtanium and they look like they won't fit the Wharfedales at all... and short cables that are like 200 quid each... dang...

wharfedale photo.JPG

i need 4 of these bi-wire plate thingies... but could only find 2...

each speaker uses 2 of these... argh...

here is a photo from the inter web i found showing how they look on back of speaker...

wharfedale-diamond-91-two-way-bookshelf-speakers-1-2.jpg

The last photo shows how they should look for non bi-wired operation so ask Wharfdale to send you another pair, they messed up.
My Celestions came with them already in place which seems the best way to do it.

yes, like I mentioned, I removed the bridge plate thingies to try out bi-wiring the speakers and seemed to have lost 2 of the 4 bridge plate thingies...

what is the "official" name of the metal bridge plate thingy that connects the 2 sets of posts to make speaker bi-wired when they are removed and solo-wired when the plate thingy is put back on speaker posts...

if i knew the "real" name of these things I might be able to find the replacement parts...

argh....

I suppose I could cut some short bits of speaker wire to connect up the corresponding posts so that it isn't bi-wired?

thanks!

Speaker wire would do fine for that.

Make you own. I found the Jumper Bars (connector plates) to be unreliable, so I used gold plated Ring Terminals and a short section of Speaker wire.

i64-ring1as-jpg.302792

i62-term2as-jpg.302790

Ring terminals are nice in that, even if they come loose, they can't fall off or become disconnected.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
ooh, those look nifty!

I shall copy your design! Thanks!

Make you own. I found the Jumper Bars (connector plates) to be unreliable, so I used gold plated Ring Terminals and a short section of Speaker wire.

i64-ring1as-jpg.302792

i62-term2as-jpg.302790

Ring terminals are nice in that, even if they come loose, they can't fall of or become disconnected.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom