Bi-polar surrounds and multi channel music

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by anderson64, Sep 30, 2004.

1. anderson64

anderson64
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to upgrade my dvd and amp to the 575a & 750se, with a view to listening to more music, especially so in multi channel & or pl11.

Am I correct that I will need to change my bi-polar surounds to normal speakers to get the best from the system?
    I currenly have Kef Q35s & a Q95 centre as the fronts, other than the obvious Kefs, any recomendations for reasonably priced speakers as replacements?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    You dont have to replace your bipolars just because you wan to listen ot multichannel music. They might not be quite as good as direct firing ones but i dont have anyproblems with my ht2bps with dvd-s or using NEO:6music.

3. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Check the specs on the 750, if I am not wrong, you can wire 2 different types of rear surround speakers to two different (A and B) speaker terminals on the back of the amp, and have the amp select A (say) for movies and (B) for music. Means you would have to add a pair of speakers though, which might start making people (in my case it would be the wife) a bit concerned when she comes into find a full 7 speaker system comprising 9 speakers mounted all over the room!!

4. anderson64

anderson64
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: