1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bi-polar Side Surrounds for 3805/B&W set-up

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by RohanM, Mar 30, 2005.

1. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It's only six months and upgradeitis is creeping in... ;)

Currently using a Denon 3805 in 5.1 set-up, with REL Q150E sub, B&W 603 S2 fronts and B&W 600 S1 at the back. Sounds great in action movies, as you can imgaine! :smashin: However, would like a more enveloping sound, with more side 'prescence', hence am considering some side-surround speakers to make a 7.1 config, and bi-polar looks like an attractive option.

The rears are high up (about 1m from the seated listening position, in Pivotelli clamping mounts, facing diagonally "down and in"), but more or less in line with the seating position (logistics of the room, I'm afraid, although I do try and move the sofa out when watching DVDs!); and the side surrounds would also be at the same height.

Any suggestions? B&W don't do any bi-polar (from what I can see on their website) and do not want anything too deep (i.e. from wall to front edge of soeakers).

2. Kier

Kier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks - didn't look in the "custom install" section before, and they look the business. But 250GBP each :eek:

Anyone recommend any alternatives (for upto 300-400GBP/pair).

Otherwise it's time to suck up to the boss...