Bi-amping with Marantz sr-9300

Bails

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to use the rear surround amplifiers (the 6th and 7th channels) of this receiver to bi-amp my front speakers? I don't use them and it seems a bit of a waste if it's not possible.

Thanks.

I don't think that you can internally make the SR9300 do this. It would be technically possible to bridge the 8- channel direct input so that channels 6 and 7 will be "slaved" to 1 and 2 but this would only affect information going through this input and I cannot say I have ever tried it on our resident 9300- I don't think they'll let me either.

Tons, What do you think of this receiver? How is it in Stereo.

I think the 9300 is a 9200 with updated s/ware, so these comments should apply to both.

The SR9200 is actually a good amp, stereo wise. Not as good as a HK 8500, but good. One thing I did notice is that it is a bit too smooth for movies especially compared with Yamaha and Pioneer kit.

Russell

Hi-Fi choice reviewed it this month, basically agreeing with the comments of Russraff.

They gave it a higher rating in Stereo than they did in Surround.

Dimmy

Really? I cancelled my sub of HiFi choice as I thought they were going under as Home Entertainment. I have lost touch with HiFi Choice, which is a shame as they are pretty good and honest in their reviews. did they give an indication of power - I ask as the 9200 I heard was seemed underpowered (but not lacking in power itself) compared to it's competition ?

Russell

I don't think they provided any lab test results russell (as they don't with First Tests). But they basically said that bigger more complex soundtracks caught the amplifier out & it at times struggled with the grandest of both dynamics and soundstages.

Stereo, being a simpler sound format, was more to the amp's favour according to them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom