Bi-amping with integrated amp

S

saikoubaa

I am looking for some advice on how to bi-amp using my integrated amp (Pio vsa ax10i). I know that using the speaker B outputs from the amp will negate the use of the surround back speakers and limit me to a 5.1 set-up. I would however like to keep my current 7.1 setup (7.2 actually). The amp has pre-outs so I am assuming that I will be able to buy a separate stereo amp to drive the surround backs. My question is this: will it be better to get a good stereo amp and use this to drive the base/mid frequencies of both left and right speakers and use the normal speaker A outputs from the ax10i to drive the hi frequencies of the left and right speakers? or will this cause an imbalance making it better to do what I stated at first mainly to use a cheaper stereo amp to drive the surround backs?

Any help will be appreciated especially from someone who has a similar set-up or experience. of course any expert advice is also appreciated.

Finally any suggestions for the ostereo amp will be appreciated. Many thanks,

Saikoubaa

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom