Bi-amping or Biwiring an AVR350

marksovereign

Excuse what will probably sound a naive qiestion - I have my 350 set up in 5.1 with my Dali Mentors and Its sounds pretty good to me. I keeping hearing about how much better it will sounf if i bi-amp it . Thing is how to do it - i realise i will need to connect the Front left and Front right i will have to use the 6 and 7 amps but how do i connect it up and what are the pit falls.
Will bi amping work for both direct and 5.1 ? Sorry for the questions but I really am a little lost on this

sparklesmcgraw

Novice Member
Do your speakers have 4 cable inputs in the back?

In oreder to bi-wire your speakers need four lead posts and bi-wire cable.

In order to biamp simply go through the options on the set-up menu of the amp. Look in the manual and it tells you the steps. If you dont have the manual, I will post the process for you.

Basically you are assigning the unused channels 6+7 to power your front left and right. This will work in any surround or non surround set-up. I definately notice a difference when playing through my speakers so recommend doing it.

Buckster

Distinguished Member
it obvious but just to stop you making an obvious but sometimes overlooked thing ...

make sure you remove the metal bars linking the two sets of terminals on each of the speakers !

marksovereign

Thanks guys
Ive just done it !! dead simple !!slip the bars out of the speakers use the 2 spare channels and re-assign the EX settings - Everything sounds much much crisper

grumps

I suspect that this is a stupid question so apologies for this, but can you bi-amp speakers that have only one set of terminals? Or would you just over amp them and risk serious damage?:eek:

Buckster

Distinguished Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

you'd blow up the amp output stage - literally

don't even think about trying it

grumps

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

you'd blow up the amp output stage - literally

don't even think about trying it
LOL thanks, I had a feeling it was a bit of a no go :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom