1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-amping my fronts with the RX-V650 & Center speaker stand Q's.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by BloodyL, Aug 17, 2004.

1. BloodyL

BloodyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    Long time lurker, first time poster, great forums you all have here!. :)

Would it be safe for me to Bi-Amp my front AE Evo 1's using the B speaker outs on my Yamaha RX-V650, I've only just got the gear so I'm a bit hesitant in trying it out without a second opinion.

Also, does anyone know of any manufacturers that sell center speaker stands as I'd like to lift the speaker off the table it is on now to remove any colouration.
    All the stands I can find online come in pairs and also seem to have the top plates geared towards standard speakers, the AE Evo center is 26cm wide whereas most of the top plates I can find are 15cm wide at the most.

Thanks. :)

2. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there's no prolbems in bi-amping ur speakers to A B terminlas on ur 650,
    anyway what do u think about this amp coz am planning on getting one,& what amp do u upgraded from???also i really want to know about the power & volume of this amp when all speakers are driven.

3. BloodyL

BloodyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. :)

This is my first true HT system, I used a set of Logitech Z680 multimedia speakers before I bought this lot.

So far I'm impressed with the 650, but I can't make an authorative answer on how anything sounds yet as I am still allowing for the amp and speakers to settle in.

Although I have found that stereo PCM signals cannot be bass managed to give a 2.1 output, I sent a 50hz test tone to the 650 via coax and it fed it directly to the fronts, even though Pure Direct was off and the speaker options were set to crossover to the sub at 100hz.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy, if you have any specific questions just post them up. :)

Cheers.

4. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx man,just connect everything fine & listen to it for a good time & tell us what u think.

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    BloodyL did you set the amp to send the LFE to the sub or to both? Yes the speakerrs can be biwored witht he A+B in the amp. Its not really bi-amping as it still uses the same L+R amp. Nice set of speakers BTW :smashin:

6. BloodyL

BloodyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh, thanks for that, not much point in doing it if it is still using the same amp then.

I have the bass/LFE set to both and have just tried with it set to the sub, it still outputs to the fronts, I thought you'd fixed that problem for me then, grr.

Aye, the speakers are nice, too nice in fact....I've had to re-organise my room in order to accomodate them, 'tis a pity they are rear ported.