Bi-amping Marantz sr-9300

Bails

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the best way of going about bi-amping the front channels of my Marantz sr-9300 receiver?

I understand that I can't use my unused rear channels to biamp, but can I use the front amps from the receiver and add two separate mono amps?

If so, what mono amps should I use? Does they need to match the receiver's amps? The Marantz MA6100 mono amp looks good (in that it's quite compact) but is only rated at 125W into 8 ohms, compared to the receiver's 140W. Is that a problem?

Is it in fact not possible to use the receiver's amps in this way, meaning I'd need four mono amps (which I then wouldn't bother with)?

Any advice on all this would be gratefully received.

You use the front preouts. The MA6100 would be, fine ratings are rough figures anyway. Can be had for under 200 each.

Originally posted by Bails
Can anybody tell me the best way of going about bi-amping the front channels of my Marantz sr-9300 receiver?

I understand that I can't use my unused rear channels to biamp, but can I use the front amps from the receiver and add two separate mono amps?

If so, what mono amps should I use? Does they need to match the receiver's amps? The Marantz MA6100 mono amp looks good (in that it's quite compact) but is only rated at 125W into 8 ohms, compared to the receiver's 140W. Is that a problem?

Is it in fact not possible to use the receiver's amps in this way, meaning I'd need four mono amps (which I then wouldn't bother with)?

Any advice on all this would be gratefully received.

Isn't the SR9300 rated at 140W into 6 ohms? And besides, that is a rating for 2 channels driven, so the reality when driving all channels will probably be less impressive.

(this isn't a negative comment, though... I am using the SR9200 without any extra amplification to excellent effect. Lovely musical AV amp)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom