BI-AMPING Marantz SR 7011

72 B50 MX

Novice Member
Reaction score
Bi-amping Marantz 7011 front speakers. It’s working but my surround back speakers have gone silent, not playing audio on multi-channel stereo.

7011 manual says: “7.1ch (Bi-Amp):
Setting to assign the power amplifiers in this unit for front speaker bi-amp connection to 2-channels.
You can connect speakers for up to 9.1-channels for MAIN ZONE.”

Anyone know how I can continue to bi-amp and output audio to all channels, including surround back speakers?

Marantz Support (MS) told me I had to choose between 7.1 bi-amp or 9.1 — 7011 can’t do 9.1 bi-amp, can only do 7.1 bi-amp.

MS said I have to buy $3400 8015 to get 9.1 bi-amp. True?

Bi-amping Marantz 7011 front speakers. It’s working but my surround back speakers have gone silent, not playing audio on multi-channel stereo.

7011 manual says: “7.1ch (Bi-Amp):
Setting to assign the power amplifiers in this unit for front speaker bi-amp connection to 2-channels.
You can connect speakers for up to 9.1-channels for MAIN ZONE.”

Anyone know how I can continue to bi-amp and output audio to all channels, including surround back speakers?

Marantz Support (MS) told me I had to choose between 7.1 bi-amp or 9.1 — 7011 can’t do 9.1 bi-amp, can only do 7.1 bi-amp.

MS said I have to buy $3400 8015 to get 9.1 bi-amp. True?
SR7011 has 9 power amps so can only do 7.1 biamp. 7 + 2 for biamp=9.
9.1 biamp needs 11 power amps. 9 + 2 for the bi-amp=11.
SR8015 has 11 power amps so can do 9.1 biamp.

My Pioneer LX701 is the same.

I wanted to bi-amp the fronts and retain the surrounds. Luckily the front L/R pre-outs are active permanently. I hooked up a power amp to the pre-outs and connected the outputs to the HF terminals on my speakers. The Pioneer drives the LF speakers

The Power amp (an XTZ A300) has an adjustable gain control on the rear which I used to balance the audio between LF and HF. Works well for me.

Alos, I wanted to have the surround back rears active (the Pioneer is only a 9 channel amp) so I added a Tibo PA150 to the SB pre-outs, so now I have a 7.1.4 system

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom