Bi Amping Denon 3805

paulcollins14

Standard Member
I have searched through this forum thinking I could find the answer to my question but not so far.

I want to Bi wire my centre channel speaker, the front 2 channels on my receiver are not used as the fronts are connected to my Cyrus hifi. How do I assign the front channels of the Denon receiver to centre channel duties?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks

Paul

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi

You can't, basically. There's a workaround to use the Surround Back amps to Bi-Amp the Front Left and Right channels but that's about it.

jensK

Novice Member
I have searched through this forum thinking I could find the answer to my question but not so far.

I want to Bi wire my centre channel speaker, the front 2 channels on my receiver are not used as the fronts are connected to my Cyrus hifi. How do I assign the front channels of the Denon receiver to centre channel duties?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks

Paul
One way of bi wire your centre speaker is to buy a mono power amp with two outputs for bi wiring and connect the power amp to your pre-out (this based on the assumption that the 3805 amp has centre pre-out/ there is a pre-out on my 3806). Obviously you have to invest in an additional mono amp. Which is the downside of this solution.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
Hi

You can't, basically. There's a workaround to use the Surround Back amps to Bi-Amp the Front Left and Right channels but that's about it.
I know this is an old thread, but hey, what the heck!!

I think the workaround for bi-amping the front L+R could be modified to provide bi-amping duties for the centre.

In the well publicised 3805 bi-amping workaround, the rear surround amps are assigned to Zone 2 (or 3) and the Main pre-outs are used as an analogue input to the VDP (or any other free analogue input really) and VDP selected as the source for the Zone 2/3. The surround amps then power the left / right speakers as well as the main amps L + R.

Now instead of looping the mains pre-out L+R to the left/right analogue input on the VDP, you take the centre pre-out and split it into the L/R input so they get the same (centre) signal. You can then use Zone 2/3 to bi-amp the centre speaker. Voila! Problem solved. I think!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom