1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-Amping Brystons

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TT9, Jan 2, 2004.

1. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,

I have just taken delivery of a pair of PMC OB1's. Very nice indeed. Each speaker has six binding posts for running with up to 3 amp. These are being driven by a single Bryston 4BSST. For surround and center duties I have a 9BST model.

I am not running surround backs at the moment which leaves me with two unused channels on the 9B. This got me thinking if it is possible, worthwhile even, passively bi-amping the front's, one run from the 4B and another from the 9B ? I was thinking of hooking up the tweeter to the 9, and mid and bass to the 4.

The power output on these machines is very different, 300 and 120 (I think!?).

Would it be safe to to bi-amp from these two different amplifiers and is power figures something one should even be looking at when considering this ?

Opinions well received on above, and bi/tri amping in general.

Thanks,
    Steve.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You would be just fine biamping this way, i dont think there is any danger. Of course there is plenty of scope to do it given the triamping ability..... big amp on bass/bass+mid/bass+tweet/etc.... so there is a load of experimenting to find the best way to do it

ad