Bi-Amping 3805 usintgexternal amps - suggestions?

D

Deleted member 30535

For quite a while I had my 3805 in bi-amp configuration (workaround) and noticed there was an improvement in SQ on my B&W 604s3.s

A few months ago I purchased yet another pair of 602s for surround back and so the bi-amping had to go. The intention was that I the surround back option was "so-so" I would sell the speakers and revert back to bi-amping. Well, after said few months I am fully a surround back fan. The soundstage is fuller and more precise than before.

So, as I also liked the bi-amp set up, what external amplification would you suggest if I wanted to have bi-amping again?

Cheers

Bob

If you want to use the internal amps and an external power amp together then you need to make sure the gain for both is the same. The alternative would be a four or five channel amp and then use a Y-Splitter from the 3805 FL & FR Pre-Outs.

I think it would be easier and more cost effective to find external amps with similar gain. Do you know of any? Thanks.

How much is a second hand 3805 nowadays? That is the only way you will get guaranteed matching...

At £400 to £450 a S/H 3805 is a little richer than I had been thinking about! I thought a dedicated stereo amp, like the older and now deceased Denon POA-T10. But there may be newer and equally as viable solutions. As to whether 99.9% match is as good as a guaranteed match, I don't think my ears would be able to tell any difference.

Keep your thoughts coming......!!

Thanks

Bob

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom