bi-amped digital ????

H

hellboy

Please Can Someone Tell Me Why I Can`t Buy A New Digital Av Amp Or Receiver That Has Bi- Amp Speaker Terminals.
I Have A Denon Avr 3200 Which Has Front And Center Bi-amplification Its A Great Dolby Digital Receiver, And Sounds Fantastic With My Mission Bi-wired Speakers,
In Both Surround And Stereo Sound. Its Not Got Dts And All The New Surround Stuff I`d Like .
I Read Reviews In All The Mags Of Av Speaker Packages Some Of Which Have Bi-wire Terminals ......whats The Point If You Can`t Get The Amps To Support Them, And I`m Not Using A Bridge...... Again Whats The Point!!

As I`m A Forum Virgin I Hope I`ve Done It Right

Please Help!!!

Welcome to the forums. Put simply: biwiring has gone out of fashion.

Mike.

In my experience, biamping does little if it's all coming from the same power supply, so doing it on a receiver isn't of much benefit. If you have a multi-channel amp of monoblock design or multiple power amps, that's another story.

BTW, you only need a capital at the start of a sentence :)

Many of the amps these days come with multiroom as an alternative use of the extra 2 rear channels. If you are happy with a 5.1 setup then you can always use the 2 rear channels to bi-amp the front L & R buy connecting the preouts to another source input and 'conning' the amp into thinking that it is outputting this 2nd source to the 2nd zone.

Many people like the outcome but having never tried it myself I cant comment

I Have A Denon Avr 3200 Which Has Front And Center Bi-amplification Its A Great Dolby Digital Receiver, And Sounds Fantastic With My Mission Bi-wired Speakers,
Are you sure it has bi-amplification? Just because you have two sets of terminals (A & B) it does not mean it has bi-amplification.
Instead both terminals may just be wired in parallel to the same power amp stage, allowing you to connect a 2nd pair of (front) speakers that is typically located in a different room.
Those terminals can also be used for bi-wiring though it is not necessary, i.e. you can also bi-wire from one terminal.

I Read Reviews In All The Mags Of Av Speaker Packages Some Of Which Have Bi-wire Terminals ......whats The Point If You Can`t Get The Amps To Support Them, And I`m Not Using A Bridge...... Again Whats The Point!!
Speakers with bi-wire terminals can be bi-wired (just two runs of cables per speaker) or they can be bi-amped. The latter is supported on a few, more expensive, AV amps/receivers - mostly those that support re-routing of their power amps (e.g. a 7.1 amp/receiver that runs in 5.1 mode only) as already mentioned by Astaroth.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom