1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-amp Roksan Kandy MK3 with other name power

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Julio V, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Julio V

Julio V
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :rolleyes: Bi-amp Roksan Kandy MK3 with other name power amp,

Please every one has idea about the bi-amp. Does everyone have any ideas about bi-amp the Roksan Kandy Mk3 to a power amp,which has a different name form Roksan Kandy and has small power than Roksan Kandy?

I will use the pre-out phono socket from Roksan Kandy MK3 to connect to input of the other power( quad 99 for example). I will bi-amp via horizontal: Roksan Kany will drive the LF drivers and the other power amp will drive the HF drivers.

Is it good to bi-amp to a different name power amp? Or do I have to buy a Roksan Kandy power amp? :lease:

2. deaf cat

deaf cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have an Arcam AV amp and a Rega power amp for the fronts, the shop said just bi-wire from the rega as it has more boot.

But as you do, I tried bi-amping, and boy it sounded strange!!! The bass was from the Rega good bit of kick on a nice fast track, and the top from the Arcam all chilled out, never heard anything so weard - cool but weard, went back to bi-wiring.

I think the pre outs and power inputs are of a general standard, but best to check voltages etc. for compatibility just incase, - and of course check they are of a similar sound!!

3. Julio V

Julio V
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thank Deaf Cat,

To be honest, I would like to upgrade my system ( Roksan Kandy MK3, MF A3.2 CD player, Quad L11) because J-Cross( a member in this forum) said that my amp was the reason holding the subtle of the whole system. He suggest that I should add an sub ( BK XLS200) I had ordered a BK. While waiting the sub, I think about upgrading my amp= preamp + Power Amp. I use my Mackie VLZ PRO1202 mixer as a preamp, and my old-school intergrate amp Marantz PM55 (not PM7200) as a power.

Before I hooked up the Mackie Mixer to the Marantz PM55, I opened the Marantz, then unpluged all the cables which was linking the pre amp board to the Power board. Then I soldered a cable to the power board( of Marantz PM55) to make a socket( as an input phono socket RCA for my Marantz) . Now, I had a "Marantz PM55 power amplifier". Off course, all of the knobs Bass, Treble, Sourse: CD, Tape, DAT..., Volume knob at that time no longer have effect on the Marantz PM55

I used a interconnect cable and adaptors to connect main output from Mackie to input of "my power Marantz PM55" use the source Musical Fidelity A3.2 and Quad L11 as usual. Do you guess what was going on?

The result is: ;) Oh My God

More control, tremendous soundstage, extremely details. I can hear the sound and notes with effect- decay, which I never heard before. And the more important thing is the bass is stretched,tight, more variety and low frequency goes more lower than before. And also the voice of singer seemed to let you think as though she sat somewhere in the room. I tried many kind of CD from Jazz to Disco, the system handled well. Oh my God, :smashin: I did not believe into my ears. the Marantz PM55 ( about 10 pounds)+ Mackie VLZ PRO 1202 DEFEATED COMPLETELY my Roksan Kandy MK3 ( 650 pounds)

Now, you know why I asked for your advice bi-amp Roksan to another power since I saw a power amp on ebay-Quad 99. I think MF A3.2 + Mackie mixer+ Power Amp(Quad 99)+ Quad L11 will be far better than Roksan in the previous system.

By the way, I could open my Roksan and do the same as my Marantz, but the amp Roksan is too expensive(650 bucks) for me to try and error. I have never ever touched it. I think of putting it on Ebay.

Any advice about Pre Amp and Power is welcome :clap: