Bi-amp my Monitor audio Silver LCR Speakers

Petar Petrov

Novice Member
Hi guys

I did change my speakers and the new ones are Monitor audio Silver 300, C350 and FX for surround
for atmos I am using Preme Elavation for front hights and back hights which is making 5.2.4
Subs are SVS PB-2000
My receiver is Onkyo RZ730 and I have power amplifier Marantz 8077 which is 7 channel.

until now i did used the power amp to feed 5.0.2 speakers and other 2 atmos speakers was feeded from the onkyo

My quastion is how can I bi-amp my Left Centre R speakers. If needed I will buy another power amp.

Thank you

dante01

Distinguished Member
Don't bother. Passive bi-amping as facilitated by an AV receiver has marginal benefits and you'd be very hard pushed to hear any difference or benefit from doing so.

If willing to buy another power amp then simply buy a more powerful one if you feel that the front speakers would benefit from having more power at their disposal.

Also, ensure that you set the speakers as being SMALL regardless of their physical size and use the sub to handle the lower end frequencies. This will free up power to drive the mid and upper frequency drivers within the speakers and give the upper frequencies more headroom.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom