bh 100 super blue

blakemere

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
thinking of bidding on one of these on ebay because i have a large collection of hd dvds but would like to dip into blu ray aswell,but after googling it i see a few problems .does anyone know if there are issues with it playing the newer blu ray discs,what is standard dvd playback like...infact any views you may have on this player,,,

Avoid it like the plague.

It has no HD audio, and doesn't even meet the minimum specs of an HD-DVD player to enable it to carry the HD-DVD logo. So, no HDi or fancy menus. Blu-ray support is equally minimal, albeit up to minimum spec, much like the Samsung BD-P1000 in functionality.

Unless you get it for £20, really not worth bothering with.

It's follow-on the BH-200 is a different story, but still quite pricey. However, if you ask in the owners thread, you'll get some decent feedback on the player.

Hope that helps. :smashin:

I have one, its not a bad machine, it will output hd audio, but only LPCM, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD. DTS is still output, but only upto 1.5mbps. This is only output on the analog 5.1ch outputs, not on the HDMI. Its played every disc ive put in it. The HDi issue is purely legal issues, the player actually has the chip needed! Pictures look good and sound isnt bad, but you can get better. But for a solution to having a blu ray player that will show hd dvd, its a one box cheap secondhand solution!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom