• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BGT3600 Vs BGT3630

sharpting

Standard Member
Hi

I'm not clued up on TV cards but have done a bit of research and decided on a BGT3600. My problem is that this model seems to be out of stock anywhere selling at a reasonable price (£170). I then noticed the BGT3630 which seems to do a similar job. The main difference seems to be the dual connection for DVB-S2 and DVB-T2.

Is this the only difference?

If so, does that only mean that I can't record a channel while watching another? this wouldn't bother me but I have one standard dish and also a 1.5m dish which I wouldn't mind converting to a digital LNB in the future so if it's possible to connect two dishes pointing at different satellites I would hold out for the BGT3600.

Thanks in advance

Darren

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
if you require 2 dishes then yes: BGT3600

graham.myers

Distinguished Member
Yes, one of the components for the BGT3600 is causing building issues at the factory. This has caused a gap in the production stream, and Tony @ BG is saying its going to be the end of the year before they arrive back into stock. He'd like it to be quicker but he's being realistic.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom