BG808S, Quadscan and Denon3802

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by refinechange, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. refinechange

refinechange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a simple one (I sure hope so!)
    Had a BG808s installed by Roland last week - Fantactic PJ just need to get a better blackout (That should be done before your next visit).

I also have a quadscan Elite and the audio is a Denon3802. The composite feed from the amp runs to the compositeA input on the quadscan. The problem is that I cannot get a stable image for setting up the amp. I ended up taking it to another room and plugging it in there to enable 7 channel sound.

Please tell me I'm not being really stupid and that this is a known issue (or am I being really stupid:D )

Cheers
    Alex

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Alex
    Glad you are pleased with first pass.

Just to explain Alex's set up. Quadscan is connected to a Pioneer 737 via the component feed. (Progressive output is switched off). I tested the Quadscan with the composite output of the DVD player so I know that was working OK.

Could it be that the Dennon needs a source to lock its on screen graphics to?

Alex try this
    Feed a composite lead from the DVD player to the Denon, pick one of the video in sockets. Then take the monitor out of the Denon to the Quadscan. (select that input on the Denon) Is the video picture stable? now try the set up screen for the Denon.

3. mattmarsden

mattmarsden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    The problem is that the Denon Amp is sending out a progressive signal. Although the scanning frequency is the same as that for normal interlaced PAL, it has half the number of lines. Effectively the signal is like a CGA signal which can be displayed on standard definition monitors.

The quadscan is expecting to see an interlaced signal, and it is therefore deinterlacing an already progressive scan image, with half the number of lines.

The only option is to plug a portable TV into it for setting up or plug it directly into a video socket on the projector.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Mattmarsden

:confused:

I find that amazing, that Denon would produce a non standard signal. I have worked with them a lot over the years and have never had a problem with a scaller not locking.

5. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my 801s feed component from my 737 via a QS Pro.

With my 1se, I just send a composite to the QS and select input of COMP A, but as the qs is locking on the signal, I change the volume, to get the onscreen working, then go into set up.

Oh so easy - not.

Gonna make up a lead to feed my Casio mini handheld TV and see if I can find the output then just use that.

Hope this helps

Nathan

6. refinechange

refinechange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland - You're a hero!!!
    Cranked up the LD player, hit the setup button and low and behold up came the screen!

Thanks and I'll see you soon.

Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.