1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BG801s Scheimpflug and brightness Qs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by benwillcox, Dec 17, 2004.

1. benwillcox

benwillcox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hey All,

Bought a Barco Graphics 801s a few weeks ago, and have recently set it up in floor mount mode to check out how to set it up etc as I'm new to CRTs.

First question is about the stepless scheimpflug adjustment that I'm suppose to have on the Graphics - where do I find the adjusters??! I can only find a manual for the data version which doesn't mention this as it doesn't have them. I'm guessing it should be some adjusters on the 4 bolts that attach the lenses to the CRTs, however on my BG the lenses are just bolted straight on - is this correct?

2nd question is about the brightness settings. When I first got it I noticed that there was no detail in the dark portions of the image, unless the brightness was turned up to about 70! So I checked out the G2 which was way out, and readjusted (playing a black image and increasing till the raster is just slightly visible, I think this is correct). Now it is improved but still seems a bit dark. I used the THX optimizer (best I've got right now), and on the screen where you have to increase the brightness to see the THX logo, the brightness has to be up to about 45 to see it correctly. But this seems a bit too high to me as you can see the blooming and loss of focus at this brightness
    The tubes look in good condition and the PJ's only done around 2600 hours - even when the brightness is set to about 30 the bright portions of the image are plenty bright, it's just that the darker areas seem too dark. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? I'm paranoid about running it at too high a brightness and burning the tubes.

Cheers,
    Ben

2. benwillcox

benwillcox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I found the scheimpflug adjustments, can't have looked very hard before!

Still could do with some advice on the brightness levels??? :confused:

Thanks,
    Ben.