BG Range Rover Autobiography 5.0V8 Supercharged

Forgot about Akrapovic! Yes I knew a few people who put them on BMWs are well. Off to search I go :)

Clearly you bought the wrong car. Put a fluorescent orange go faster stripe down the side of it... :devil::laugh:

Or go full Steven Ireland :rotfl:

025E4578-D546-4C80-ACC8-B4A09BA62143.jpeg

Straight through exhaust!!! :laugh:

Or go full Steven Ireland :rotfl:

View attachment 1266028
I was talking about louder in sound, not in vision 😜🤣 I like the stealth look with triple black. Just needs to sound a bit more angry.

Think when car alarms go off when I drive past the job is done. 😂 Only kidding.

I wish I didn’t start looking; I’ve now discovered pulley upgrades, sports cars, and a remap that go together with an exhaust 😂 An estimated 650Hp now that is fast and loud.😀🤔

I was talking about louder in sound, not in vision 😜🤣 I like the stealth look with triple black. Just needs to sound a bit more angry.

Think when car alarms go off when I drive past the job is done. 😂 Only kidding.

I wish I didn’t start looking; I’ve now discovered pulley upgrades, sports cars, and a remap that go together with an exhaust 😂 An estimated 650Hp now that is fast and loud.😀🤔
Now you're talking. My daughter has a custom Trackslag system on her R32.

Hope your coolant loss isn’t the same issue I had in the P38 - heater matrix o-rings. That was a total git to sort out...

I noticed the coolant level has dropped down again a little 😬 ah well it’s booked in for Monday and I’ll ask them to investigate. Good thing I’ve got warranty on it. Will found out soon how good the warranty is 😂

I've got the same V8 in a slightly more streamlined shape (XKR), it has a nice roar on start then settles nicely. Put your foot down and the gates truly do open up, but I understand it has a valve in the exhaust for 'loud mode'. It also has a hooligan button which makes everything a little noisier. Seems strange the same engine from the same manufacturer doesn't open up- is it meant to have an exhaust valve? Does 'sport mode' do anything to the exhaust?

Yes the Jaguars sound lovely! That is the sound I’d like. But Nope 👎 It is a Range Rover and should be quiet as I’m being told on the Range Rover forums. 😂

But then again the majority like beige interiors with piping so what do they know 😂

I ran out of time today but will pop into RTec next week. They’ve sorted me out properly in the past. Failing that I’ll just have to get the angle grinder out and cut off the back box 😍😂

This is the older 4.2 SC unit

So the coolant leak is from the back of the water pump 😬 It needs replacing. We will have to see how good the warranty is...

Now you know why the previous owner sold it so far away from home... :)

Fingers crossed warranty covers it.

Now you know why the previous owner sold it so far away from home... :)

Fingers crossed warranty covers it.
Yup. When buying second hand there is always an issue. My philosophy is making certain you buy it at the right price and have some cash available to rectify the issues.

Just picked mine up. Had a mega flush of the gearbox, supercharged oil changed and the diffs checked. Plus a general check over.

Besides the water pump it go a very clean bill of health 👍

We then started discussing the exhaust and how quiet it is. They said that my car was an original Hawke off factory order. Didn’t know it was possible. But they explained that the back box isn’t standard and is by Hawke and black as well, as the rest of the exhaust pipe. All original stuff.

They introduced me to a local company that do bespoke exhausts and can do butterfly switches on it. They use them a lot. Sounds interesting.

Also approached a remap stage 1 to improve fuel economy 😂 And they could do a second stage with supercharger modification and remap to take it up to 650Hp 😍 but won’t have the fuel economy benefits.

Hmmm choices 🤔

Hahaha yes, I'm asking the wrong crowd.

510Hp is nice, but a big 4x4 with 650Hp and switchable exhaust will be sanely insane. My man-maths tell me this is the last opportunity to have something like that before its lost in generations to come. And still ULEZ/Greta friendly...

Hahaha yes, I'm asking the wrong crowd.

510Hp is nice, but a big 4x4 with 650Hp and switchable exhaust will be sanely insane. My man-maths tell me this is the last opportunity to have something like that before its lost in generations to come. And still ULEZ/Greta friendly...

I think it's safe to say we're at the end of the big petrol era. The EV revolution will still have speed but perhaps not that kind of noise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom