BG Range Rover Autobiography 5.0V8 Supercharged

IronGiant

I can see it now, she drives the car while you are away on a trip, realises there is "a fault" with the exhaust and gets it fixed, presenting you with a "nice" quiet car on your return :devil:

D

Deleted member 27989

Blimey, I was looking at remaps for my car again today and thinking 320hp would be nice. I can’t imagine over 600hp!
Don't forget the power to weight ratio :) Mine is a Full-Fat version. It is all relative. :thumbsup:

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Got to be done. Fitted an Invidia Gemini exhaust, HFC's, and an Ecutek Remap within the last few weeks.

Not 600hp, but 328 at the wheels is plenty in a two seater - and the remap has 4 modes, Valet & Regular Performance at the bottom end, with Hooligan and ASBO at the other end! :D

We haven't talked about forced induction for it yet!

D

Deleted member 27989

I managed to give mine a little wash this afternoon. Looking good again.

IMG_0885.jpeg
IMG_0889.jpeg
IMG_0891.jpeg

mjn

Distinguished Member
Coulda vacuumed the mats.

D

Deleted member 27989

Today I decided to calibrate the suspension to factory spec.

03313A52-8DDB-4CFC-8713-6460C217FFDA.png

It definitely needed some adjustment 👍 All nice and level again at standard ride height.

FE5F1BBA-534C-44C5-A374-B5BF11C460C7.jpeg

But as I can’t leave things along 🤔 Lets programme a “slam it” setting. How low can it go 😂

ED5AB817-2F59-44B5-958B-A30CF9BA1CC2.jpeg

Cool be handy on the Eurotunnel 👍

But I put it back to standard and then recalibrate the dynamic shocks as well. OMFG This things is on rails in the corners. It was good, now it’s perfect and setup properly 😍

mjn

Distinguished Member
That ain’t slammed!! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 27989

My brakes were very squeaky. No indicator for brake pads on the dash.

Hmm now I know why. The previous owner probably didn’t do a proper job. As this was not just hanging loose but also broken.
4E4BF75D-9B4E-4423-AF9D-494565856AA5.jpeg

And now I know why. It’s a pig to change. The wheel arch liner has to come out in order to gain proper access for the connectors in a waterproof box.
05881F65-8658-4DBE-96FE-1CD5014B5BB1.jpeg

So a new sensor in.
38FEA68A-F670-48E3-8D1C-708BD7AC6F80.jpeg

And routed properly around all the suspension bits.
E8E1D9BD-9E85-40D7-88F6-7914F70B22C6.jpeg

And yes changed the brake pads as well. The official kit is nice with all new brackets and bolts with locktight preapplied.

D

Deleted member 27989

Managed to do the front pads today. The job was a lot harder than it should be as everything along the way was seized.

The lug nuts were swollen so I replaced them. The wheels were seized to the hubs. The Brembo brake system pins never seen grease in their life, nor did the middle long retainer nut. Luckily I suspected that and ordered the kit with all new replacement parts.

And blimey they are the biggest pads I’ve ever changed. Six piston Brembo takes big pads.
66DD4692-9353-4BC9-8BAE-E1824040168E.jpeg

D

Deleted member 27989

A little update. Car is going really well, loving it. But it’s a bit too civilised for now. So it’s booked in for early July to make it loud and angry 😂, make that V8 heard.

I’m going for a cat back system, custom build. remove the middle boxes, remove the back box. Get it cross piped and then individual muffler at the back.

They will build that, but if I still find it to civilised I’ve got a quote for a further enhancement with an remote electronic valve to bypass the back boxes. 😎

My neighbours will love me 😍

mjn

Distinguished Member
If you ain’t waking the dead, you’ve failed.

D

Deleted member 27989

Four inch pipes. Ready for the sports cats when doing the slight supercharger upgrade 😂 It was straight to the back but even they thought it was too loud. So four bespoke “mufflers” are being fabricated, and then the bypass valves with a big Antisocial Button so I can open it up on demand 😍

Sound file will be ready next week when they finish the build.

Last edited by a moderator:

IronGiant

Does this improve performance or is it purely an In/Out Car Entertainment upgrade? :devil: :D

D

Deleted member 27989

Does this improve performance or is it purely an In Car Entertainment upgrade? :devil: :D
Part of performance improvements :) Call it preparation. 😂

This is to give it a little more oomph in the ICE department. But as soon as they realised I was serious about further upgrades they’ve upgraded the flow ready. So flow has gone from 2.5” to 4” pipes from the CATs.

Then I’ll be back, and they’ll upgrade the supercharger, plus the CATs and an bespoke remap. Will be pushing at 650Hp once done.👌

D

Deleted member 27989

Damn I wonder whether those pipes are big enough 😂

Best not show it on the “high performance thread” 😬😍

EFE8CCE8-5F88-4D57-9BD7-8B23232199FB.jpeg

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Part of performance improvements :) Call it preparation. 😂

This is to give it a little more oomph in the ICE department. But as soon as they realised I was serious about further upgrades they’ve upgraded the flow ready. So flow has gone from 2.5” to 4” pipes from the CATs.

Then I’ll be back, and they’ll upgrade the supercharger, plus the CATs and an bespoke remap. Will be pushing at 650Hp once done.👌

Are you going to be towing a spare fuel tank behind you? :laugh:

D

Deleted member 27989

Picked it up today. Bit of a mixed bag so it’s going back in. From the outside the system is perfect. Just right with the valves closed, awesome with them open. And not too loud.

But on the inside under “load” there is a lot of vibration and drone all the time. Totally the opposite of what I wanted, and miles apart for what was done on the Golf MK2. I’m sure it will be sorted following a conversation but even the short drive home was tiring. Let’s hope take two it will be right.

D

Deleted member 27989

Another update; my original exhaust is back on ;)

Just way too much drone to drive it. Real shame as on the outside it sounded amazing both with valves closed and open. But inside it was unbearable; super drone and vibrations at around 1200 revs and then again say between 2000-2500.

They will get take two on it, but I couldn’t have it like that when we go on holiday in the car. Just too uncomfortable.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton