BG Range Rover Autobiography 5.0V8 Supercharged

D

Deleted member 27989

So whilst we downsized from a Mercedes GLS to a GLC to an Audi A3 as the main family driver we missed having a larger car. The last trip to Amsterdam in the Audi A3 was fine, but we missed the space and comfort you get from larger vehicles.

I didn't want to spend too much as we aren't planning to be around much longer in the UK, but I wanted comfort, luxury, and whilst not outright banned a bit of fun and oomph as well. Secondary lots of space to clear out junk from our home and get some diy materials in.

So I and my daughter looked around for a bit; started at a Porsche Panamera as they are great value second hand. Ticked all the boxes bar boot space, although it is pretty good. Then also looked at the BMW 6 Gran Coupe, again amazing value second hand, and was nice to drive but boot space and rear luxury felt lacking a bit.

Then I looked for some more space like a BMW M5 Touring, rare as hen's teeth to find a decent one. Also looked at Audi (R)S6 Avant, newer styles command more money than I wanted to spend (up to £30K I had in mind). The older ones are really old looking now with media features etc.

SUV's it was then. VW Touareg V8 or V10; found them too dated on the inside especially. Porsche Cayenne; could not get approval from the wife and children. BMW X5 V8; lovely to drive, but not that nice in the back for passengers and didn't feel that luxurious somehow. Audi Q7 V8 / V12; looked and drove each, was again very nice and V12 amazing power but felt just like an A6 estate on the inside. Besides the scan, I did result in both lit up in red with fault codes :eek:

I looked at a Range Rover L322 Autobiography Black edition, and it was lovely on the inside and drove great. It was missing the load cover and they wouldn't budge on the price. No covers were on eBay in black, nor ones that are compatible with the electric rear seats. A £1,200+VAT part from Land Rover. Anyway, it sold the following morning.

The search went on, my mind was set on one and although the later L405 fits in my budget I was actually happy with an MY2010+ L322. Plenty come up for sale, but hardly ever in the specification I desired. I was easy on the exterior colour (can always be wrapped) but I did NOT want beige or ivory (still looks like beige to me) interior, also didn't want wood inserts, and did not want a light ceiling. It had to be an Autobiography for the leather roof lining alone as that is so lush or a Vogue SE with the right options. The Westminster is nice with the 1200W sound system, but it doesn't have the luxury feeling aniline leather that an Autobiography has. The mind truly boggles in trying to find one and you have to look at each individual trim level.

So when finally an interesting 5.0V8 Supercharged Autobiography came up I was ready to take a look, but :eek: it is a 4-hour drive from my home :eek: . So in a possibly unprecedented stupid move, I bought it unseen, although agreed that if it is not as discussed or for whatever reason, I can back out of it. On Monday morning I am going to pick it up.

3 Previous owners, full Land Rover service history, just been serviced, got a new MOT with no advisories. 5.0V8 510Hp Autobiography with a few styling bits added and modified to black it out. Just how I like it, but granted not to everyone's taste which is fine. For its age, it is loaded with features like heated seat front/back, cooled seats in the front, three-zone climate control, laminated windows all round, dual vision screen, virtual cockpit, iPhone connection (not wireless but I already had an airplay plug which is reportedly working in these), blind-spot monitoring, active dynamic suspension, dynamic cruise control, heated steering wheel etc.

I'm not sure I'm keeping the 22" wheels, it depends on whether they compromise the ride too much but I can always swap to the standard 20" wheels. A lot of car for £12K. I hope it is as good as they reported otherwise I'll have to take the train back again :D Sometimes you got to gamble a little in life:thumbsup:

30cdabd1edf94825948deb625674ed93.jpg

9bf123e46ce74224a508a962f6b0b9f3.jpg

42433b9c21fc4696a536b33c9abbe280.jpg

680356bb4dc240499806c82cd11265b8.jpg

5a8dbcdc153d427a8e5280ec24131f7a.jpg

453289b939fd49a3864635296250e3e2.jpg

a985169a609f445ab696ff345ab6cf10.jpg

And it is London ULEZ compliant 😍:rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some really nice cars in your list, but I doubt you'd be able to get some of them within your £30k budget. How much does a V8 or V12 Audi Q8 go for?

£12k!!!!

That’s a steal
It’s market / book value 😀 Many try it on at quite high prices, but when waiting around there are some decent ones to get out there. The current shape is already dipped below £25K, I was tempted but that will loose another £6K easily in the next year I think.

Some really nice cars in your list, but I doubt you'd be able to get some of them within your £30k budget. How much does a V8 or V12 Audi Q8 go for?
Oops that should have said Q7 👍 I’ll correct it.

Actually the V90 was in the list as well. I really like it but it got the thumbs down from the wife and children 😔

Dare we ask what mpg it does?

Such a lot of car for the money!

I hope it looks as good in the 'flesh' as the pictures portray!! :thumbsup:

Looks like they've just spent upwards of £1k on new tyres also.

Unless they are like Rotella 😂

Although I might take them off 😬

The wheels look great, but 22” can be very hard even on that car. I’ll decide on my drive down tomorrow.

I’ll have a gram of coke please...... :laugh:

I’m on the train between York and Darlington. Clearly I haven’t been paying attention to the weather forecast. Looks like I have some snow to deal with on my way back 😍👍

I’m on the train between York and Darlington. Clearly I haven’t been paying attention to the weather forecast. Looks like I have some snow to deal with on my way back 😍👍

Blizzards. Bet you wish you bought a proper 4x4 now! :laugh:

Well it was all good. The dealer picked me up from Middlesborough station. The car is awesome and just as described.

The funny thing is that the previous owner lives 20 miles away from me 😂😂😂 damn I could have saved travelling hundreds of miles.

Unless they are like Rotella 😂

Although I might take them off 😬

The wheels look great, but 22” can be very hard even on that car. I’ll decide on my drive down tomorrow.

They are Rotella indeed 😂😂😂 So more like £500 Ah well. I’ll change them to something better after driving a few miles.

They are Rotella indeed 😂😂😂 So more like £500 Ah well. I’ll change them to something better after driving a few miles.

Those Rotellas will never wear down :laugh:

Always enjoy reading reviews of cheap (usually Chinese) tyres.

Should be fun lighting up all 4 tyres.

The power is just immense, absolutely wonderful how 2.5tonne can be shifted so fast. Nearly everything is ok.

Main niggle is the telephone module goes into “not fitted” mode. The other one is that the rear washer is leaking when using it; leaking on the inside 😬 I think I can sort both myself.

One other thing is that it has an undisclosed feature; the full 360 camera system with junction view. Which is amazing as I wasn’t expecting that. But one of the cameras blue screens. I’ll check it out at home.

So far so good, just at a motorway services near York. Board computer tells me I’m averaging 18mpg. I guess around town it will go down to single digits 😂

But it’s ULEZ compliant 💪👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobile phone system is sorted. Problem was the operator 😂 The system doesn’t do anything until a phone is paired, but there is no pairing button. The first phone just has to search for it and pair it 👍

Well it was all good. The dealer picked me up from Middlesborough station. The car is awesome and just as described.

The funny thing is that the previous owner lives 20 miles away from me 😂😂😂 damn I could have saved travelling hundreds of miles.
Middlesbrough come on spell it right ;) not many decent garages in Middlesbrough I hope you got a good deal.

Middlesbrough come on spell it right ;) not many decent garages in Middlesbrough I hope you got a good deal.
Oops sorry 😔

Riverside Car Sales seemed very decent. Nice premises as well. The car was totally as they described it. Very easy and smooth transaction. They got it via another garage nearby who took it as a trade in against a high market car. Still think it’s funny as the previous owner lives not far from me.

So far all good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom