BFD Query please help

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by dongagon, Oct 11, 2004.

1. dongagon

dongagon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello All

After you have set up your filters and the BFD is in normal use (watching a DVD)
    should the IN/OUT light be:Off, On

The reason for my question id because with the light off there is output from the sub. With the light on there is no output from the sub (even if i turn the gain up in the sub).

Help
    :eek:

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    The light should be on as that is useing the BFD filters, i presume you have done all the calibrations before setting the filters as you should of been getting output from the sub when doing this?
    Have you also checked the LFE output on your amp and make sure it is correct, and SPL reading of 75db - 78db

John :)

3. dongagon

dongagon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks Recurit

yes i was getting a output from the Sub when setting the filters.
    But i remenber that i had the Amps volume at -35 when running the test tones, however, my normal listning volume is around -47 to -40 :rolleyes:

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would seem that you are listening at very low volumes so therefore you will not be getting that much LFE info there, i mean i listen at volumes of between -10 and -20 :eek: i know that all amps have different output levels but my friend has an AX3 and his normall listening volume is about -15 to -25.
    Are you listening in a small room? or maybe just try and listen at higher levels as when you setup with the BFD you know that you are getting output from the sub.
    Go on turn it up ;)

John :)

BTW : Once u have setup all the Filters you did retest that you had 75-78db on the sub as once you have put the filters in especially -db you will lose output so therefore need to re adjust