1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFD Editor Software V2

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by sonic65, Mar 11, 2005.

1. sonic65

sonic65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    BFD Editor Software V2

Has anyone managed to get this software to work on Windows XP?
    Downloaded version 2 from snapbug ok but on loading the program DSP1100-2.exe a DSP1100 box comes up with the message:

Midi input device not selected !
    Midi output device not selected !

On pressing the OK button in the box however results in a nice picture of a BFD panel appearing and I can adjust the various parameters. It is great to see the shape change for various octave, bandwidth and amplitude settings but nothing changes in the hardware BFD filter values.
    On the DSP Datafile 1 page clicking on setup and then the MIDI button below this tab results in the entire program dissappearing from the screen.
    Using a MIDI analyser indicates data flow to and from the BFD so I am reasonably certain that the USB driver is working ok. Have checked out the BFD by manually loading the filters OK.
    I have spent hours on Google searching for info on XP and MIDI to no avail.
    Please, will somebody help me out on this. Obviously it would appear that selecting MIDI devices on XP is the problem area.

Update 4/4/2005
    Received a reply from Behringer…..”The editor for the DSP1100, DSP1100P and DSP1124P does only work under Win98, WinME and Win2000 not under WinXP even in the compatibility mode.” I could have told them that myself. :devil:
    Undeterred I bought a HP Vectra Pentium3 Win98 computer for £30, installed the MIDI interface and the V1 software runs ok so far.
    V2 also runs ok but Filter 10 greys out when entering data. No problem still got 11 Filters to use. Bonus point is that I have a lot of Win98 programs that also refuse to run under XP so these can now be brought back into use.

sonic65

2. Des Flurane

Des Flurane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Have you done the obvious? Control panel, Sound and Audio Devices, then make sure you have enabled the Midi Music Playback with the correct device.
    Sorry if you've done this already.
    Des.

3. Jonesthegas

Jonesthegas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Des,

You don't happen to be a gasman do you? :D

Martin

4. sonic65

sonic65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Des
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes have set the default device to Yamaha USB OUT 0-1 in the music playback.

sonic65