BFBC2 - Vietnam (Expansion Pack)

breadmaker6

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Charlie don't surf...But he does play BFBC2 Vietnam :thumbsup:

Prepare to head to the jungle in Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

On stage at the EA E3 press conference we announced a new expansion of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with a new take on a Battlefield franchise favourite, Vietnam. In Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam you get to enter the jungle warfare environment as either the U.S. Marines or North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The expansion pack contains 4 brand new maps built in Frostbite including the popular Conquest and Rush game modes as well as Vietnam specific weapons, vehicles, persistence, unlocks as well as new awards, achievements and trophies.

watch

****ing Awsome !!!

Anyone remember BF : Veitnam on the PC ???

When you could listen to th classic tunes on the radios in the jeeps :smashin:

Or hiding in a bush and listen to it as they drive past :laugh:

Gunner on a Heuy with a bit of Jimi playing in the background would be sweet...:D

This could be a quality upgrade for the BFBC2 game but they got the timing all wrong! Winter 2010 when there are a load of new FPS coming out! If you ask me this should be aimed August time! But hey what do I know sure they paid someone millions to think when is it a good time to release the new DLC.:thumbsdow

Really looking forward to this expansion, hope it doesnt cost too much and more importantly hope lots of people get it, as the main game is a bit thin at times iam finding

It's out, i was browsing the store last night, but not sure i want it really.

It's out, i was browsing the store last night, but not sure i want it really.

I hope you are right but i thought it wasnt out until winter -25th January 2011 (28th in Europe)- and theres no news of it on the Battlefield site

I assume you are getting confused with the Onslaught expansion which has been out a couple of weeks

Last edited:
Yes that'll be it: Onslaught/Vietnam double pack - is that not what were talking about?

Yes that'll be it: Onslaught/Vietnam double pack - is that not what were talking about?

Theres an onslaught/1943 double pack I think. The Vietnam pack that this thread is about was just annouced at E3 and given a January 2011 release date.

New trailer and info from the Battlefield Blog as well :smashin: Loving the addition of soundtracks to the game.

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam

watch

Battlefield Blog

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam just made its very first appearance at the Tokyo Game Show. For those of you who weren't able to make it, we'll bring the experience to you. So relax and journey back to the 60's and the infamous Vietnam war with this brand new trailer.

At the heart of this expansion lie four distinct, brand-new multiplayer maps based on the Vietnam war. Each map brings a new gameplay experience and fresh visuals, with characteristics such as foxholes, tunnels and dense jungles from where the enemy can launch surprise attacks. Also, 15 classic Vietnam-era weapons and 6 vehicles are available from the moment you go online.

All four multiplayer game modes from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, including the genre-defining Conquest Mode, will be playable in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual.

To set that unmistakable 60's atmosphere, the audio team at DICE has recorded all-new voice-overs for both sides of the conflict, based on authentic dialogue from the Vietnam war. On top of this, a rocking soundtrack with 2 hours worth of time typical tracks gives the expansion a truly characteristic sound.

New website as well with loads of info :thumbsup:

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam

GET READY FOR A WHOLE NEW WAR

Skimming the treetops in the legendary Huey helicopter, Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" blasts through its loudspeakers. Down in the jungles and rice fields below, the enemy is waiting for a chance to take you down with their T54 tanks and RPG launchers. Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 just made the journey to a new place and time -- back to the 60's and the infamous Vietnam War.

Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Vietnam is a content-heavy expansion for the game that has sold more than 5 million copies and has been called "a better game than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" by The New York Times.

At the heart of this expansion lie four distinct, brand-new multiplayer maps based on the Vietnam War. Each map brings a new gameplay experience and fresh visuals, with characteristics such as foxholes, tunnels and dense jungles from where the enemy can launch surprise attacks. Also, 15 classic Vietnam-era weapons and 6 vehicles are available from the moment you go online.

All four multiplayer game modes from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, including the genre-defining Conquest Mode, will be playable in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual.

To set that unmistakable 60's atmosphere, the audio team at DICE has recorded all-new voice-overs for both sides of the conflict, based on authentic dialogue from the Vietnam War. On top of this, a rocking soundtrack with 2 hours worth of time typical tracks gives the expansion a truly characteristic sound.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is all-out multiplayer warfare at its absolute finest. With this new expansion, the battle moves to tropical Vietnam for a new chance to settle the score: Which team has the biggest skills, the smartest tactics, and the tightest squad play?

KEY FEATURES

4 Brand New Maps. From the rice fields of the Phu Bai Valley to the napalm scorched earth of Hill 137, four distinct Vietnam-based maps each bring a fresh visual and gameplay experience.

6 Immortalized Vehicles. Skim the treetops in the iconic American Huey helicopter. Drive the sturdy Russian T54 tank and the nimble US PBR "Pibber" patrol boat, plus three more vehicles immortalized in the Vietnam war.

15 Characteristic Weapons. Charge into battle with 15 new weapons modeled on their real life counter-parts, including the rare Navy SEAL XM22 machinegun and the characteristic M79 "Blooper" Grenade Launcher.

Rocking 60's Soundtrack. Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 49 time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR.

True War Dialogue. All-new voiceovers for both American and Vietnamese forces, based on authentic communication from the Vietnam war for maximum immersion.

New Achievements/Trophies. Collect 10 new achievements/trophies, one for blowing up Vietnamese propaganda speakers. Earn new weapon proficiency stars specific to your skills with the weapons in the expansion.

Last edited:
i'm fairly new to BFBC2 and really enjoying the online games
what is the Vietnam pack and where is it available?

i'm fairly new to BFBC2 and really enjoying the online games
what is the Vietnam pack and where is it available?

No release date yet other than "Winter 2010" but see post 14 for the details on it

****ing Awsome !!!
Anyone remember BF : Vietnam on the PC ???
When you could listen to th classic tunes on the radios in the jeeps :smashin:
Or hiding in a bush and listen to it as they drive past :laugh:

Damn right I do, that's where my Av comes from. I bl00dy LOVED that game on the PC. Engineer all the way...

I really need this expansion pack to hurry up! As good as the multiplayer is in MOH it isn't enough of a team experience.

The lack of 'roles' in it makes it too each man for themselves. I want my points for ammo drops and support actions to the sounds of Paint It Black by the rolling Stones :cool:

ive only had this game for a week,and even though it is supposed to be a team game,ive not really seen any of that.i love the game,not good at rush or conquest.the game is very camping and sniper based though,which is cool,even though im not used to it,but its a great learning curve for me finding a spot and picking

but it is excellent.£20 i heard for the pack,which i heard was out in january i think.

....£20 i heard for the pack,which i heard was out in january i think.

Where was that muted?

I've not seen anything other than Winter 2010, and as far as I'm concerned if my heating has gone on it's bleedin' winter so they should let us have it NOW!:rolleyes:

Price announced at $15. So that is probably £15 here then :rolleyes:

But looks epic! :smashin:

watch

looks good.coming winter this year too.i thought it was going to be in january.i wonder if they will try to release it round about the same time as black ops.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom