• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BFBC2 PILOT settings help

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
guys I just cant seem to get the pilot settings right on BFBC2 (using mouse and keyboard as joystick isnt compatible)
the UAV I can make go up or down but it flies backwards
The heli's go up then weird things happen if I move the mouse and I crash.

Could you post your tried and tested settings (or a screenie) for being a pilot?

P.S I'm only at level 21 but there doesnt appear to be anything left to unlock but I see spaces unfilled when you look at the unlock history, is that correct?

Pinky Floyd

Prominent Member
Man, I'd love to help. I can fly choppas no problem on the 360 version of BC2, but when I tried it on the PC with the keyboard and mouse I immediately crashed.

Screw that, life's too short, I don't even bother trying to fly them now, I leave that up to the Top Gun's of this world ;)

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
its easy with kb/m :devil:

Its all about no sudden movement and combing moves. I can anything i want with helo.

There is a nack to it. Once found its rather simple.

Not much help am I :rolleyes:

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
its easy with kb/m :devil:

Its all about no sudden movement and combing moves. I can anything i want with helo.

There is a nack to it. Once found its rather simple.

Not much help am I :rolleyes:

I flew like a top gun on BF3 but the settings are all screwed up here Craig, post a screenie of yours please and help me to stop taking a full Heli on a siteseeing trip of the no fly zones:rotfl:

Pinky Floyd

Prominent Member
You can be my wing man any time. :p

:devil:

When I do get in a choppa I inevitably end up on the wrong side so I'm gunning the scenery. I don't know which button to press to change sides so I spam buttons and usually ending up jumping out to my doom.

This is why choppas are evil :lesson:

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
eeew. undergarments. Why dont u try the Craig method of natural living.

HockeyFan

Established Member
Last time i got in a heli it got 3 feet off the ground and got tagged with a dart, then rocketed at 10 feet.

I got BF rage after that and haven't touched one since :D

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
I still haven't bothered to find out what the parachute button is...........so I just use the stairs instead. :thumbsup:

SPAM space bar dooode.

zing i wanna play bc2 again after about 6 weeks away.

Are you lot using comms like ventrillo or skype yet????

Pinky Floyd

Prominent Member
I still haven't bothered to find out what the parachute button is...........so I just use the stairs instead. :thumbsup:

SPACE BAR!

But it will only activate at a certain point after jumping or a certain minimum height from the ground. In essence, it's still really easy to go *splat*

Don't do what I do and spam the space bar as all that does is open/close the chute and make you go *splat*

Basically, stay on the ground unless you don't want to go *splat*

Pinky Floyd

Prominent Member
SPAM space bar dooode.

zing i wanna play bc2 again after about 6 weeks away.

Are you lot using comms like ventrillo or skype yet????

I have NEVER heard a single voice in 25 hours of playing this on the PC.

Are you offering to rent us a vent server? Good man, always knew you were a nice chap :smashin:

HockeyFan

Established Member
:blush:

:thumbsdow

No more choppas for you! :lesson:

Using the Uzi a lot ATM and it's a case of..

"Get to da chopper" (as Arnie would say)
"No bloody way mate" (my reply)

HockeyFan

Established Member
Space bar eh. Might have to give that a try. :rolleyes:

Press it until you hear the 'chute open, then stop pressing it.
If you press it again it'll close and you'll get the pinky splat.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
uuuugh that will teach me not to read.

Cherokee111 I just use standard setup almost. It works best imo. just remember to use strage buttons as well as turning the mouse when leaning fwd. And slow down on sharp tuns.

gvers

Prominent Member
:devil:

When I do get in a choppa I inevitably end up on the wrong side so I'm gunning the scenery. I don't know which button to press to change sides so I spam buttons and usually ending up jumping out to my doom.

This is why choppas are evil :lesson:

F1-F5 :rolleyes: for changing seats in any vehicle. Good jumping into the gunners seat on cars etc when you see a chopper.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom