BF4 Newb? Read this for pro-tips to go with your bleached tips.

Det

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Battlefield 4 Beginners Guide & Multiplayer FAQ | AVForums

Don't be that awkward guy who doesn't know anything about Battlefield...

mugatulook_zpsa288f91f.gif

Do your research! Read up! Get in the know!

Put AVF in your tags peeps!

BF4 Chat Thread: Battlefield 4 | AVForums
BF4 Name Exchange Thread: Battlefield 4: ROLL CALL | AVForums
BF4 Battlefield Platoon Thread: AVF PS4 Battlefield 4 Platoon | AVForums
BF4 Platoon Battlelog: Platoons - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
BF4 Stats Thread: BF4Stats - AVF PS4 | AVForums
BF4 Videos Thread: PS4 BF4 multiplayer. Post your uploaded videos here. | AVForums
BF4 Rented Servers Thread: BF4 Rented Server Thread - Name: AVF&THCC | AVForums
BF4 Rented Server Contribution Thread: BF4 Server Payment Contributions | AVForums

When this game finally clicks for you, you will all be like...
Seenthelight_zpsfb1b64a4.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping for posterity sake... maybe a mod @Kieron could sticky this so people will read the thread he made.

User Tips & Tricks:

Doing any number of these in game will have the lowly peons on the other team bowing at your awesomely majestic skittles on the battlefield.

You'll be all like "Kneel Suckers" and they'll be all like "k" and your dominance will shine through!
KneelSuckers_zps0586241a.gif

Assault Pro-Tips:
Submitted by @Det, this guy is amazeballs at all things Battlefield!
MedPacks vs MedBags: Medpacks can be thrown at your target and only heal 1 person at a time and they are healed while on the run until they take damage. Medbags are dropped right in front of you and can heal multiple targets tho players have to stay in the area of effect to be healed. My personal preference is the Medpacks on bigger levels for CQ because you can throw and forget versus a map like Operation Locker you'll want the MedBag stationary right next to the action so it's a constant healing machine.

You can revive from a good 10 feet or so away from the fallen teammate. So charge up your paddles while staying behind cover if you can't get to them without exposing yourself and shock them back to life with full 100% life. If you don't have time to charge up fully, throw a medpack at them right after you revive.

Tips for jet piloting:
Submitted by @Pebb
What type of aircraft, might be easier to learn first: Ground support jet or as DICE calls it the attack jet. | Reason: Since such jets are not as fast as the stealth jets, they will allow you to learn the basic moves for combat situations.

While the speed of such a jet, might even allow you to get use to low flying. Because the more you get use to low flying, the better you will become at using such a thing to your advantage.

And the reason I say this is for a mix of reasons, as seen below:

*Some pilots who try to chase you at low altitude, may crash or give up for a short amount of time.
*Low flying allows you to do you recon from an aircraft. And maybe even get a few kills, but if you fly low be careful of enemy vehicles and engineers

Last edited:
Reserved.

Reserved.

Reserved

Reserved... JUST LOOK AT MY POST COUNT GETTING FLUFFED...

lollerskates_zps10401021.gif

Reserved for future content:

If you feel like submitting your Tips and Tricks, please keep in mind these are not the type of "tricks" we want posted in here:

roulette_zps14c84fdc.gif

Last edited:
This might be enuffzorz!

haha_zps5d32da9a.jpg

Last edited:
How on earth do I get a game with my friend if we're in a party? Does one actually have to start a game? And how do you get in the same squad as your friends? Seems a bit, well a lot of faffing around with something that should be easy. Never had this with my 360!Lol

How on earth do I get a game with my friend if we're in a party? Does one actually have to start a game? And how do you get in the same squad as your friends? Seems a bit, well a lot of faffing around with something that should be easy. Never had this with my 360!Lol
This is Dices fault not PS4. Keep that in mind.

You have to join and then he has to join your server via the browser or another various method getting into the same server.

Dice has not integrated the party system yet.

Thought so. Even bf3 was better planned in that respect!

Impossible. Simply no way to invite my friend to play, ridiculous.

Every time I invite via battle log it freezes on screen and won't go, and I have to force close. Grrr

Yah, he has to physically join you.

Thanks, totally silly though not thought out and not finished.

Thanks, totally silly though not thought out and not finished.
After all the crap Dice has to fix and the bugs still around I'd say I'm thankful it's as easy as it is to get into a game with friends, lol.

I kinda get that, but the best thing dice can do is leave ea and start again without stupid deadlines and trying to get one up on call of doody.

OP updated with revised/additional links.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom