BF3 PS3 graphics poor

GPR

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have BF3 on pc and the graphics are brilliant , so I bought BF3 for PS3 and I am so disappointed with the graphics.
I am running game through my pc Monitor which is full HD [please see spec below]

Is there something I am doing wrong with the settings within PS3.
Any help would be fantastic.
Thanks
Gary.

Video Signal - D-SUB, DVI, HDMIConnector - 15PIN, D-SUB, DVI-D
Display

• Screen Size - 23.6" Wide
  • Resolution - 1920 X 1080
  • Brightness - 300cd/m²
  • Contrast Ratio High Performance DC 50,000 : 1
  • Contrast Ratio Energy Saving 1000 : 1
  • Response Time - 5ms
  • Viewing Angle (Horizontal/Vertical) - 170° / 160° (CR > 10)
  • Colour supported - 16.7M
Power

• Power Consumption - TYP : 48W
  • Stand by Power - <1.5W
  • Type - SMPS Internal
Features

• Plug & Play - Yes
  • Multimedia Speakers - 6W (3W x 2Ch.)
  • Speacial Features - Muliti Screen S/W, MagicBright, MagicColor, Color Effect, Off Timer, AV Mode, MagicTune, Customized Key, 1080P Full HD, Image Size, DVI with HDCP, Windows Vista Premium Certified

I gather you are using HDMI?

Hi Foster,
yes using HDMI, but just the standard HDMI that came with Monitor.

obviously the graphics won't be as good as PC since the PS3 hardware is old, but it might just be normal but it looks crap to you since you've played it on the PC.

About 3ft away. But graphics on MW3 look so much better.

BF3 on the ps3 is displayed at 720p and is locked at 30fps.

I have it on both ps3 and pc, ps3 looks horrible in comparison. Just the way it is I'm afraid.

BF3 on the ps3 is displayed at 720p and is locked at 30fps.

I have it on both ps3 and pc, ps3 looks horrible in comparison. Just the way it is I'm afraid.

Carefull you might get accused of being a troll:smashin:

GAZBEROTTEN said:
Carefull you might get accused of being a troll:smashin:

Not really as he speaks the truth.

I'm sure the troll spot on the ps3 forum is already spoken for anyway...... ;)

Anyone that has seen BF3 run on a top spec PC knows how amazing it looks. Would take the controller all day long over everyone using a mouse and keyboard. Using a mouse and arrows to play games freaks me out :D

Soundburst said:
Anyone that has seen BF3 run on a top spec PC knows how amazing it looks. Would take the controller all day long over everyone using a mouse and keyboard. Using a mouse and arrows to play games freaks me out :D

I play on pc with a controller.

WASD not arrow keys xD

Do you...?? Does it have native controller support on PC?

(apologies for drifting OT)

Dont think its 100% been implemented into the game but I plug it and and it plays fine. There are also things like Pinnacle that will set up a profile automatically for controllers. Mass Effect 3 doesnt have controller support, but has been sorted through Pinnacle.

*I think its called Pinnacle.

Cheers Chalky! Yes, it is Pinnacle :) I use it from time to time although i find that it messes up games that do have native controller support as it tries to use its Windows profile over any native in-game support.

I will take a look later though as it was lack of controller support that put me off getting BF3 on PC!

Arrow keys! :eek: No wonder it freaks you out, that must feel awful. Change to WASD and you will find it much better.

Arrow keys! :eek: No wonder it freaks you out, that must feel awful. Change to WASD and you will find it much better.

People still use the cursor keys for movement? I thought WASD had been the default FPS layout for donkeys years. I suppose if you use the mouse with your left hand it kind of makes sense, but I'm cack handed & I use WASD & normal RH mouse.

People still use the cursor keys for movement? I thought WASD had been the default FPS layout for donkeys years. I suppose if you use the mouse with your left hand it kind of makes sense, but I'm cack handed & I use WASD & normal RH mouse.

I'm left-handed so I always play PC FPS games with mouse (LH) and arrow keys (RH) - If you're right-handed then tough :D

I'm also cack handed and have it set up like you ^^

I'm left handed but play with the keyboard and mouse right handed.

Do the same when i play golf too. Well I did about 10 years ago when I last played.

I'm left handed but play with the keyboard and mouse right handed.

Do the same when i play golf too. Well I did about 10 years ago when I last played.

think the majority do :D

It's my excuse for being rubbish at Keyboard and mouse games. :)

Foster said:
WASD not arrow keys xD

I'm left handed :D

I need arrows with mouse on left. No way in hell I could use a mouse with the right hand. It's just not possible haha.

@Chalky yeah but you'll be at a disadvantage to all the mouse nerds!

I play on pc with a controller.

how do you manage it, seriously the analogue sticks are crap.

p.s OP once you've been treated to high end graphics going to a console's version will always look rubbish in comparison. No amount of adjusting TV settings will make it look as crisp.

P.S BF3 is not 720p native on the PS3. I'm pretty sure of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom