1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BF2 Unlocks

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Synchronicity, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Has anyone unlocked the extra weapons yet?Ive got the improved medic gun, the la581 I think it is.Seems to be a definite improvement on the standard weapon but havent really had a chance to test it out properly yet.

Have any of you tried any of the different weapons?I know the heavy machinegun is supposed to be cr@p,and from what I remember reading the sniper rifle is slightly better.Just be handy to know what weapons to avoid ;)

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Use mainly semi-automatic (screwed on the support guns) otherwise you won't hit jack unless you are 10 feet away from it.

This makes a BIG difference ( to anyone who is moaning about emptying their gun at someone who then kills them wth a couple of shots take heed)

Sniper is quite good too ( especially when you snipe a sniper!) but I cannot for the life of me get a one shot kill with it even to the head.

Pistols on the other hand ...I can hit someone in the head with one of these at 50 feet at take them out ...but not with the sniper rifle....go figure.

3. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

:confused: So are you saying the unlocked sniper rifle isnt much good?

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Nope I was referring to your comments on the support weapons and adding my general experiences with the standard weapons ie semi-auto good/automatic bad . Sniper : no single shot kills possible. Pistols ...overly accurate , overly powerful.

5. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Right,ok,sorry ,maybe I didnt make it clear in the original post,I was talking about the weapons that you can unlock,of which there is one in each class.

Just thought it would be useful if someone unlocks a weapon and finds that its pretty cr@p,they could warn everyone else not to bother with that particular one ;)

edit:regarding the standard sniper rifle,i dont have any probs with single shot kills when someone stays still long for me to hit them in the head.

6. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    How do you unlock weapons? In single player?

I cant stand the sniper rifles in this game presonaly. I dont know why. Just cant get used to them, and can hardly ever get anyone with them. Also sucks if you run arround looking for a place to snipe and get caught off guard by somone with an assault rifle!

I preffer spec ops as you get to blow stuff up!

7. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    You unlock the weapons as you go up in rank whilst playing online,you get the first 1 at lance corporal but I believe the higher in rank you go,the more points it requires to attain the next promotion,ie say it takes 5000 points to get lance corporal,the next rank would require 20,000.Which imo is why people should be selective with which weapon they unlock cos it will take a while before you get them all :cool:

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    You have to play ranked games to unlock the weapons. The server we are setting up is ranked so everytime you play youwill get points towards unocking the weapons.