BF2 on PC Vs 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by TEVEZ032, Aug 6, 2006.

1. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Hi all,

I have been lapping up BF2 on the 360 for a while, but today loaded up the PC demo on my PC rig...

Wow. Interesting how the PC and Xbox versions compare.

I found the 360 version better on graphics (although i only have a 'lowly' 6600GT in my PC) but i was most surprised that the PC version has FAR superior sound effects.

Why is this? I don't understand why the 360 version shouldn't have the bells and whistles of the PC version, especially seeing as we have 5.1 on our 360s!

For instance, the machine gun sounds have excellent echo effects on the PC, just like firing a real heavy machine gun (no doubt!) and when you are under a flag, you hear the metal loop on the flag chinking again the pole. All in all it makes for a much more 'life like' experience.

Another thing i noticed is that the PC version, when you shoot someone, the animation of them falling to the ground is much more detailed. It really looked like the guy is in pain!!! :thumbsup:

Also the PC version has planes!

Kinda annoys me they didn't show the same attention to detail for the 360 version.

G

2. BandofBrothers

BandofBrothers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    They are totally different games really.

The 360 version is more of an arcadey shooter where you can take a thousand rounds and survive.

The pc version, while still a bit "arcadey" is still 10000x more realistic than the 360 version.

Personally I prefer the pc version because 64 player games own, and you can actually aim properly with a kb\mouse:smashin:

3. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    well, i haven't got used to the KB mouse thing yet, but yeah. I'm kinda thinking the PC version has the edge.

4. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Pc version will have the edge more players and maps plus add-ons but i do play the 360 more as just better for me Imo playing it on big tv downstairs when missis has gone too bed :thumbsup:

5. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    PC game is farrrrrrrr better, 360 version doesn't even come close

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,156
    The 360 version for me is uBer loud, but i can't compare with the pc version as i don't have it or surround sound on my pc. But BF2 via my Kef speakers sounds simply sublime, i can't say i've noticed an echo on a gun though, but not that id notice, to busy killing/being killed to notice. Its kinda like the jaggies people speak of in PGR3, i've never noticed them when i'm racing thats exactly what i'm doing, not lookign out for stuff that doesn't really matter to much

7. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    hmm, was pretty obvious to me, just adds a different dimension that was there before they 'ported' it, so why leave stuff like that out?

8. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    The PC is better in terms of gameplay and graphics, but its downside is new bugs show up in new patches. While the patches are not complety tested, on different PC's.

9. Robot of Doom

Robot of Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    the pc version wins hands down, for the simple fact that once you've cracked the keyboard and mouse playing any fps on a joypad just feels awfully clumsy.

or so i find anyway :)

10. dbm001

dbm001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hmm. I love battlefield in all it's forms. I own 1942 Anthology, Vietnam, Battlefield 2 and Special Forces for the PC.

Recently bought it for the 360 and it has become my most played game on the system. It is a different game from the PC version, however just as much fun and equally as playable (especially on live). The advantage of putting your feet up on the sofa and playing on a large screen makes up for it's downsides (which are very few).

Dave.

11. Epicurus

Epicurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +694
    And that's the key for me. I have a very nice PC setup with a 19 inch widescreen monitor, powerful PC and surround speakers, yet unless the PC version of a game is significantly better I will pay the extra for the 360 version of a game every time. You can't beat the ease and comfort of a console, especially now with HD through a giant HD screen pumping through whatever audio setup you have. Just pop the disc in and sit back and relax.

12. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Yeah i know what you mean but really its a total cop out. The 360 is supposed to be 'Nexxt Gen' but the consensus of THE GAME is that the PC is far better, which is not on. The 360 version was obviously a) Rushed, b) stripped down to its bare bones from the original.

Think how cool it would be to play the original PC version on your 360 setup. bl**dy brill would be the answer, which is what the 360 should have been.

Granted It is my fave game so far on the 360, but i'm disappointed with it compared to the PC version.

g

13. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Ive told you a million times not to exaggerate.

I may have to dl the pc demo to compare for myself as i do luv a bit of bf2 !

14. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    do it you won't regret it! :thumbsup:
    BUT you'll never look at the 360 version the same ever again!

15. Mickey123

Mickey123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I used to love BF2 on the PC, still do really upgrading my PC spending over a grand.

BF2 is one of the best games ever made..............

....................When it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are far too many crashes and as mentioned you can't beat sitting infront of your AV systems hooooge screen etc etc. My arse aches big time after a few hours of playing - no funny comments:cool:

Consols are just - well - sooooo easy, disk in- turn on- play. PCs need alot of setting up and then you install something else that doesnt like BF2 and so on. PCs are just so unstable next to consols and it quickly zaps the fun! Me and a mate have wasted litrally months of our lives trying to get a co-op game going.
    Ive had enough - bring on the next gen of consols and Ill just use my lap top for the net and word etc.

I'm about to buy a 360 and Modern Combat will be one of the first games I get.

Ill look out for the sound you mention wright and let you know my view

16. Epicurus

Epicurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +694
    You make some good points but PC technology moves at such a pace now that it was never going to take much time to beat early release 360 games. 360 games will improve graphically, but so will PC games. By the time the PS 3 comes out the PC will probably look just as good if not better than that too, but obviously being a Sony system there will be less ports.

I've actually got a PC rigged up to my HD TV and amplifier via VGA and coaxial cables, and it's fun surfing the web while sitting on the sofa using a wireless keyboard and mouse. But the appeal to game like that isn't so great. I love being able to throw a game into the 360, crank up the sound and play online with minimal fuss and effort.

17. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    yeah but BF2 came out on the PC ages ago now, a good 6 months before the 360 was even on the shelves wasn't it?

g

18. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Played this today for the 1st time in about 2 months, its just sat on my shelf in the wrapper, and I must say it is probably the best game I have played on live, the game is just so much fun and love the maps.

Will be spending more time on this now and in the process of getting a clan together.

Brilliant game, sorry to jump on the thread guys.

19. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    No problem. Glad we brought the game to your attention!

20. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Just dl'ed the pc demo and it instantly reminded me of what annoyed me about it before !!! configuring the keys....it just wont let me choose the keys i want...if ever there was a game built for the z-board this was is ! i'll stick with the 360 version - i luv it anyway !

21. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    The pc version wipes the floor with the 360 version. Graphics are way better on the pc, games are allot bigger, bots are also an option on the pc. The 360 is very much a cut down version of BF on the pc.

22. PinheadedMike

PinheadedMike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +819
    I agree with this completely:smashin: Pc version is a lot better but 360 version is good too:D

23. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    The pc version is bound to be better because the 360 version is a port of the stripped down xbox version.

Online the game rocks tho.

24. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +366
    What is this thread necromancy?????

The PC version of games absolutely maul console games for everything but fighters. The only reasons the consoles gets bonus points is ease of use and they're a lot cheaper than a PC to run.

25. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,138
    I'm sure most people on this thread are aware, but connecting up your PC to your plasma/LCD/projector is a very easy task. A long DVI/HDMI cable from your graphics card, long optical from a X-Fi Dolby Digital Live encoder and a wireless keyboard/mouse and/or gamepad and your gaming at 1080p for everything.

26. mlk1

mlk1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    PC version is the da

27. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    have to say I've played BF2 and all the total mods for years .... have a highend PC as well as a 360

bought BF BC and took a few nights to get used it - but now much prefer it to PC older versions

feels more like I'm in the middle of a battle

sound effects are amazing in BF BC

there is also something about running PC games at 1900x1200 with 4xFSAA ... it looks almost too sharp ! shows up too many flaws - and looks more computer generator than the bit mushy 360 ... bizarre that better IQ looks wose almost ...

28. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    Set your pc for 600x800 and turn all the effects off and you will have the xbox version. :D

29. runam0k

runam0k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, anyone playing Battlefield 2 on 360 really ought to give Frontlines a go.

30. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    :thumbsup: