1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BF2 gametype mod

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Synchronicity, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    http://landot.org:8080/landot/aas/

I haven't tried it yet,but it basically sounds like the advance and secure game type as used in Joint Ops.Im very interested to see how this plays,as one of the things I hate about the whole BF conquest game style is games can just turn into a game of cat and mouse,just constantly chasing people around a map retaking flags,getting into no real battles.

Joint Ops used to have some superb battles as your whole team would usually be split into 2 ,1 group attacking the next base,whilst the other half defends against the advancing enemy.You wouldn't have to worry about 1 or 2 enemies just flying 200 miles south to take an unmanned flag,then flying off again and repeating,getting themselves lots of points without actually killing anyone :rolleyes: Come to think of it,the same thing used to bug me when playing Planetside,its as if the game developers don't want to encourage large,intense battles,perhaps they are concerned that their game engine will not cope ;)

The only thing that would concern me is some maps would be a nightmare to get out of your main base,ie some maps start off with China holding all the flags and USA just having 1 base in the north.Hopefully they will have changed the maps like this so that the battle starts in the middle.