BF 2 Weapon unlocks

AML

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I know I have asked this before but I still dont know how to get the new weapons. Im currently a lance corporal and I can see all the new weapons but they are all locked. Can anyone tell me how to unlock them?

It kinda frustrating because I thought when i earned a new rank I might have a choice as to what I could unlock, but still nothing.

You should have got an unlock when you got Lance Corporal mate,when you logged in it should have told you that you had been promoted and unlocked a weapon.Some people have said they didnt get the option and it just unlocked a weapon automatically,have you checked to make sure that there isnt a weapon unlocked in BFHQ?

Hehehe. Yeah. After I logged back on I was offered a choice!

I should learn to be more patient.

Does anyone know if other weapons will become available for all the classes?

Some of the ones we can choose from as lance corp arent all that great.
I was hoping we would have other choices like the new OICW which combines a rifle with a granade launcher for the assault class, instead of the current choice of rifle which doesnt have a granade.

Which weapon did you unlock? I went for the M95 sniper, but a bit disappointed at its performance.

Not sure what you mean about the assault class weapon, I am using the standard unlocked one and it already comes with a grenade launcher??

Really? The assault class soldier weapon doesnt appear to have a granade launcher. Just the Rifle. The M16 comes with a launcher, but the unlockable weapon doesnt seem to have one. Just better power and accuracy.

I havent actually selected a weapon yet. Im not too happy with the sniper either. Its too hard to get kills, so i might not bother with that.

I might unlock the medics SA 85. Or the Spec Ops weapon.

I was hoping there would be more choices further down. Maybe in the new add on pack they are planing to release.

What weapons have you guys choosen, and how do they compare?

I want as much info on all the available weapons before I make my choice. By the way if you guys are interested in a compilation of all the medals and ribbons,

Check this out:

http://www.twiztedgaming.com/forum/announcement.php?f=64&announcementid=5

I already got a few easy ribbons thanks to this guide!

I unlocked the medic gun,and its ok,but not brilliant.The accuracy is superb on it,and its extremley effective at long range via the scope,I have regularly taken out snipers who took a pot shot at me but at close range,which lets be honest,is when your gonna be using it most as a medic , it lacks power and I find myself constantly getting owned by assault guys with their big guns :zonked:

Ive tried the sniper a few times by picking it up off the floor and it seemed ok,got a few 1 shot kills but I only really play as sniper when Im playing on my own so dont think I will unlock that next cos I probably wouldnt get the most use out of it.

The anti tank unlock is lethal upclose,extremley rapid fire shotgun type thing,but at distance it's practically useless,so as long as you dont mind switching to your pistol for any medium/long range shooting this may be worth a look.

They are the only ones I have tried myself really,so cant comment on the others.I think I might go for the engineer gun cos I do play that class quite a bit and the US shotgun sucks.All I would need then is for EA to sort out the whole tk/punish thing and I would be laughing.I cant tell you how much it annoys me when idiots drive into mines I have laid then punish me,getting me kicked/banned from servers!AARRRGGGGGHHHH :mad: If someone is dull enough to drive into a mine to to carelessness/stupidity is is them that should be punished not the hard working engineers like myself ;)

Talking of stupidity, You wont beleive what happened to me today!

After spawning i made a run for the heli only to be gunned down by my own team mate so HE could get the heli! :rolleyes:

They should have rules against stuff like that!

I might give the medics gun a go, but im tempted to get the spec op gun or the assault's gun.

Still havent decided!

AML said:
Talking of stupidity, You wont beleive what happened to me today!

After spawning i made a run for the heli only to be gunned down by my own team mate so HE could get the heli! :rolleyes:

That used to be quite common in the old BF1942 days,too many idiots that think they deserve their own personal heli,etc,banning them is the only solution IMO.

Id forgotten about the spec ops gun,its quite good actually,but so is the m4 anyway so I dont think its a big enough of an improvement to warrant unlocking it yet.

Mr Jason B said:
That used to be quite common in the old BF1942 days,too many idiots that think they deserve their own personal heli,etc,banning them is the only solution IMO.

Id forgotten about the spec ops gun,its quite good actually,but so is the m4 anyway so I dont think its a big enough of an improvement to warrant unlocking it yet.

happens in alot of online games with FF ( freindly fire )

you get muppets that do it for fun, others that do it to steal a weapon or upgrade ... and some because they simply don't like the cut of your jib.
Most games set up some sort of auto punishment for team killing / team wounding - does BF2 ?

Ethics Gradient said:

you get muppets that do it for fun, others that do it to steal a weapon or upgrade ... and some because they simply don't like the cut of your jib.
Most games set up some sort of auto punishment for team killing / team wounding - does BF2 ?

There is a punishment system in place but thats part of the problem atm.People are abusing it...for example,for some reasons vehicle/infantry contact is incredibly sensitive,so it literaly takes the slightest touch from someone reversing in a jeep/apc/tank,etc and you get killed.Now most normal people will see this as an accident and choose to forgive the "team killer"realising that the physics are currently far too sensetive and it was obviously an accident but then you have the idiots/kids/ who punish straight away regardless of appologies,etc

At the other end of the stick you then have the idiots who deliberatley run in front of vehicles then punish,drive into mines then punish,run into artillery then punish,and so on....

Theres not a lot that can be done about this sort of behaviour but there are a couple of things that EA/Dice could do(quite easily I imagine) , first of all, sort out the ridiculous sensitivity between vehicles and infantry,as at the moment you practically die from shock when a jeep reverses close to you!This IMO would reduce TKing by about 99%!Secondly,if someone drives into a "friendly"mine they should die,simple as,no option to punish the "team killer",no points to be deducted from the idiot that plowed into the mine or the faultless engineer.Maybe people would pay a bit more attention when driving then as well ;)

Just those 2 minor changes would make me a happy man :smashin:

edit:Sorry AML, :offtopic: :oops:

Ethics Gradient said:

Don't forget the odd accident :( I was on the roof merrily taking out the enemy getting more and more paranoid that the enemy would twig & sneak up on me so when I heard footsteps behind me I whipped around and accidently let the medic who was about to heal me have both barrels :rolleyes:
Sorry doesn't quite cut it sometimes does it.

Hehehe. You could set claymores if your a sniper. Stops people sneeking in behind you.

Ive used them a few times and they work a treat.

A good way to capture a flag in some levels, is to get inside the nearest building to the flag so that you are actually taking the flag, and put a claymore at each entrance of the building.
That way you kill whoever tries to get close to you. And it allerts you to incoming enemies.

I also agree on the over sensativity of the soldiers being too close to a vehicle. Which is bound to happen when eveyone first spawns into a game, as everyone scrambles for a ride.

There is one solution. Turn off FF. If thats possible.

The rest could be fixed by a patch.

Back to weapons. If the spec op weapon isnt that much of an imporvement then that only leaves a couple.

Anyone used the assault (G3) weapon?

There's a Weapons Unlock mod available at Total BF2 for download that allows you to sample all weapons kits in single player mode only. That way you can try before you buy sort of thing...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom