1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Bewitched" - Beware!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by the_pauley, Aug 20, 2005.

1. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Anyone contemplating buying the current R2 release of Bewitched: Season 1 should be very wary. These episodes are black and white episodes that have been colourised and look awful. The R1 release is available in two versions the original black and white and this colourised version.

Turning down the colour is no good as it just looks a faded grey as opposed to the crisp black and white of the R1 B&W version.

The series was not filmed in colour until season 2.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    whats the blooming point of colourising them then?
    surly this cant be done to any realistic effect anyway?

Used to watch this program years ago, always used to be on on channel 4 about tea time. Nice harmless family viewing :)

3. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Shouldn't be allowed! :thumbsdow Never scene a decent conversion. Remember what they did to the Laurel & Hardy movies :eek:

4. crobo

crobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I loved this series when I was (very) young; second favourite after F-troop. Haven't seen it for years but was considering renting a few episodes to try it out. I guess it has dated somewhat??

I saw the trailer for the new film with Nicole Kidman and she looked to be an inspired choice of lead. I just hope that the movie lives up to expectations. And I'm still not sure what to make of Will Ferrell as a comic.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I can't say I have been impressed with the trailers or reviews, I think I'd rather watch Practical Magic again:)

Loved the original Bewitched TV series though, Elizabeth Montgomery was one the first women on TV I lusted after (well had that funny feeling anyway :blush: ) even when in B&W :)