Beware the morning after

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I've seen quite a few police forces saying that they will be giving out breath tests in the mornings over the Christmas period, so please all take care not to have too much the night before and then still be over the limit in the morning. I know a few people who have been caught out this way.

daveaka

Novice Member
yup, a friend of a friend just got banned for a year for drink driving, she was going to Mcdonalds the morning after being out on her Xmas doo...Dam you Mcdonalds and your tasty shakes....

neilmcl

They do this every year at this time. Any driver should know by now that they shouldn't be driving first thing the next morning if they've been up all night getting legless. Anyone getting done for drink-driving, this or any time of the year deserve everything they get.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately there are still a lot of people who don't associate a big hangover with being over the limit, so they will drive.

BAN5HEE

I wonder if they will be doing the same for new year...

J

jackal

As someone who lost their license for a year, just don't risk it. If you've been on a bender the night before you could still be over the limit by mid afternoon. Doing without a car for a year was a (fully deserved) nightmare for me - never again. (let alone the repercussions if you injure/kill someone)

Dave

Distinguished Member
As someone who lost their license for a year, just don't risk it. If you've been on a bender the night before you could still be over the limit by mid afternoon. Doing without a car for a year was a (fully deserved) nightmare for me - never again. (let alone the repercussions if you injure/kill someone)
But you're a jedi master, you could have just waved your hand and said "you don't need that breathaliser officer".;)

Seriously though, there have been times when I've been on a heavy session and then drove to work the next day. It's obviously worth bearing in mind that you may still be over the limit, especially if you need your licence for work.

shodan

Distinguished Member
On saturday at 4.15 in the afternoon I was in my car with the missus when we were hit from behind by a drunk driver. My missus is 7 months pregnant.
Luckily the baby seem's to be fine, thank the heavens! The missus and I have whiplash injuries and the car is likely to be a write off, so I'd like to thank the man for that for christmas. Not to mention that we should be moving to a new house in the next couple of weeks!
Mind you it makes me feel better to know that because of the choices he made on saturday the 9th December he will be having a worst christmas!
So let this be a reminder to people not to drive if you are going to have a drink. The outcome could easily have been the death of someone.

(And if you are going to drink and drive, do try no to drive into the back of an off duty police officer! Bet the guy's ar*e went when I told him!).

C

captain chunk

They were randomly breath testing people as they turned up at our local football pitches last sunday morning, I know they got at least 3 people.

gus607

Very well put.

lurcher

My son went out the other Frid nite and had 10 pints lager (2.8 units per pint) , so total of 28 units.
Finished drinking at 1am , work at 8am. Wouldn"t let him drive the next day.
Allow 1hr per unit of alcohol for the body to get rid off it ( from finishing drinking ) , so he may have been ok legally and fitness wise to drive by about 5am Sunday some 28 hrs later.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom