1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beware of unbeatable

Discussion in 'TVs' started by scotstevie, Jun 25, 2003.

1. scotstevie

scotstevie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI FOLKS SOME BAD NEWS IF YOU ARE BUYING FROM WWW.UNBEATABLE[ BEWARE] TOOK DELIVERY OF MY 36" TOSH AND OF COURSE IT HAD THE TWO SHADOWS DOWN EACH SIDE,BUZZING SOUND COMING FROM THE BACK ,CHANGING FROM WIDE SCREEN TO 4:3 ON ITS OWN,BUT WHEN I COMPLAINED I WAS TOLD TO STICK SOME TIN FOIL UNDER THE CABINET,WHEN I TOOK THIS TO A MANAGER THINGS ONLY GOT WORSE,THE TV IS ONLY 3 MONTHE OLD AND I WAS TOLD IF I WANTED A REPLACEMENT I WOULD HAVE TO SHELL OUT £1400 AGAIN SO WHEN THE REPLACEMENT TURNED UP THEY COULD USE THE BOX IT ARRIVED IN AND ONLY THEN THEY WOULD SEND MY CASH BACK .I HAVE TAKEN THIS UP WITH TRADING STANDARDS.IN THE MEANTIME UNBEATABLE HAVE PICKED UP THE TV ANDS ITS WITH A REPAIR FIRM FROM GLASGOW.BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE THE WAY I HAVE BEEN TREATED AFTER SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY,AND HERES ME THINKING OF BUYING A PLASMA FROM THEM.I WOULD LIKE SOME FEED BACK ON THIS PLEASE.DOES ANYONE KNOW WERE I STAND WITH A LEGAL VIEW ON THIS MATTER

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,177
    Sorry to hear your bad news mate but please use lower case (CAPITALS ARE UNDERSTOOD TO MEAN YOU ARE SHOUTING) Guess you have a right though :lesson:

Now to your question!
    I cannot believe any company would ask for money upfront before they would supply a replacement for a faulty unit that was 3 month old! Did they not even offer to have an engineer come out to inspect it?
    Never used the company but if this is for real stick with Trading Standards and see what they have to say about it!!
    Good Luck :smashin:

3. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Stevie
    I had the same problem with unbeatable a year ago..I had no joy till I emailed the Boss I cant recall his name but Im sure it will be on the website ..........they then brought a new TV and took the old one away at the same time

4. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  5. Orbitalzone

Orbitalzone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Sadly this isn't so unusual particularly with internet only sales companies. They sell cheap and make much less profit than a shop who'd probably give better service. - thus they have far less interest in solving problems after they've made the sale. (I don't know if Dixons, Comet etc are any better however)

As for them suggesting you buy another... what a lot of nonsense..... I'd certainly not pay them twice to sort out a problem. However, they aren't necessarily required to replace a set that's 3 months old.... you're probably gonna have to let them have a reasonable amount of time to remedy the fault... (2 weeks perhaps?)

Good luck.

6. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Why did you take 3 months to report all of the problems?

I can only comment on my one and only purchase with them and they have been great. I had a dodgy DVD player which i never got round to using properly until after 2 months of ownership.
    To cut a long story short Philips couldn't find fault with it but Unbeatable agreed to swap for a brand new replacement. As the unit is now a few quid cheaper then when i purchased they have even refunded the difference! Thoughout all of this they have given me loads of correspondence and sent out couriers for collection.

7. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear about this but I agree with kwangomango!! I would certainly have recommended them on my one and only purchase form them

I used them to buy tv set just before christmas and had a problem with the set...they couldn't have been more helpful, offered to replace or refund straightaway!!!
    I did report the problem with the set within a couple of days though...

I am also most surprised that you were told to stick tin foil around your set as I always dealt with 'salespeople' types and I can't imagine why they would offer such stupid advice....had they not given you a number to call so that you can contact a repair centre?
    The set should also be covered by the manufacturers warranty for the first 12 months at least so why not contact them, it's irrelevent where you purchased the set from if you have a valid reciept.

Hope you get it sorted,

cheers..Andrew

8. Christ

Christ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Im with the above two posts, and rate Unbeatable highly..

Ive returned 2 Tv's, first one they picked up the day after the call between christmas and new year, and the second TV they gave me a full refund after having had the TV for 7 weeks. Ive now got an FQ70 from them which has been great.

9. deekc

deekc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Stevie,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with Unbeatable. There is a thread ongoing here at the minute (you'll have to register to see it) with regards to someone, like yourself, who bought a Toshiba (now faulty) through Unbeatable and is struggling to get the fault remedied.

The tale is still ongoing at present but the latest is he has had to contact Toshiba to get one of their engineers to come out and have a look at it.