Beware of some of the warranties offered on Ebay

Westindieman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Here is the conversation I have just had with very helpful seller (not) who was advertising a laptop battery with a 3 year warranty who also confused by stating a 2 month warranty.

Me:

Hello. Please advise what is the maH capacity. Also if the item has a fault after 4-12 months who is contactable as you advise 3 year warranty on this.

Thanks

emyth168:

mAh-Cells' capacity

Me:

So it is 1000maH? If the item has a fault after 4-12 months who is contactable as you advise 3 year warranty on this.

emyth168:

Warranty

◆It is our goal to provide our customer 100% satisfaction.
◆14 Days Money Back Guarantee and Full TWO Month Warranty from the date of original purchase. Buyers must contact us to send the defective items back for exchange or refund within the warranty period.
◆Our warranty does not extend to any products that are physically damaged or that are not under normal operating conditions as a result of misuse or improper installation on the buyer/user's part.
◆We will provide a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number for each item that needs to be returned. We do not allow returns without first requesting a RMA number.
◆For all return products customers MUST contact us for the returning address. Products should be returned with original packages and must be returned in like-new condition with all accessories and packaging.
◆In all cases, buyers pay shipping fees at their own cost to return products for exchange or refund. We will be responsible for the postage of replacements. Refund will be made upon receipt of the returned item.
◆If the return is due to the mistakes of buyers, for example, wrong purchase, no need of the batteries after transaction, or other artificial damages, P&P would be deducted 3.5GBP while refunding.

Me:

But it comes with 3 year manufacturer warranty?

emyth123:

There's no need arguing about that.
If you want to buy it, buy it.
If you don't want to, leave it.

Me:

No theres no need to be argueing and people really should take your word for it that what you are advertising is true and fact because that is always the case. I have left it now as there are other more respectful options. You leave it too.

emyth123:

Wish you well then.
Au revoir.

Needless to say, I purchased elsewhere.

Just way to many pitfalls for anything of value, actually anything over a tenner. Can't remember the last time I logged on.

China :) 12,000 +ve feedback versus 143 -ve in the last 12 months.

I use eBay, and for what I buy, I like eBay. However, that reply on the warranty just screamed China. That is not something I would buy from there. If I did I would source a UK want whom I could contact via other means than eBay message. Contact info at the bottom etc..

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
So his ads claim, but: emyth168 on eBay himself probably isn't :)

Your correct, sellers based in China. You have just made me realised how just because the item is located in the UK, it doesn't mean a UK seller and thus SOGA. In fact I have looked through a page full of laptop battery sellers and only 2 are UK based, though the items are sent from the UK.
Yours is an eye opener, thanks.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Personally with laptop batteries and the like - I stick to UK sellers and the genuine part. Purchased a third party Dell laptop charger once, heated up like crazy and was actually slowing the laptop down.

It seems to be quite common, rather than shipping direct from China or Hong Kong they have the goods already stored in the UK. This may save them money on shipping costs, but the major benefit to them is that people think they are buying from a UK seller.

It seems to be quite common, rather than shipping direct from China or Hong Kong they have the goods already stored in the UK. This may save them money on shipping costs, but the major benefit to them is that people think they are buying from a UK seller.
Subliminal advertising with the union jack in your listing images LOL

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom