Beware Curry's Team Know How (OLED Repair)

steve22stoke

Novice Member
Reaction score
What a disaster!
This is how Curry's (Team Know How) collected my relatively new £2500 LG OLED TV for a repair.
After spending many hours on the phone to Curry's I am unable to raise this as a complaint or speak to any management. Shocking!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 656
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 617
Real professional at work there.

It was probably leaned against a box with a nice sharp edge to it on his van as well.

It's really upsetting to see someone do this to your pride & joy. I'm not rich either took me a while to save up for this TV. And for Curry's to ignore me is awful.
I don't normally make posts or share on social media, but this needs showing.

That is shocking.

I would perhaps send a letter, registered post, with your photos included and address it to the Curry’s CEO (Google it). You’ll hopefully get someone outside the usual scripted customer service team!

However, you may want to wait for it to be returned and see the condition then, as photos of any damage etc. will then lead to what resolution is needed (likely a new replacement).

TBF that's them taking it away, I'd be more concerned if they bring it back like that, as long as it comes back working fine then is it really an issue?

They may already have it chalked up as unrepairable and will send another in its place, so hope when it’s returned it’s good, if not, send it in!

Mine came back just like this.
3 men in the van but only one picked it up by the edges, 65 inch, and brought it in.
On inspection, the screen was cracked on the edge and had to go back right away.

Team Know F All........

This shows a total lack of professionalism and respect. The chances of it coming back scratched or even damaged from being handled like that are high. TVs are well packaged for delivery for a reason and taking it away for repair should be no different.

The only way that kind of handling would be acceptable is if it had definitely been written off.

The company John Lewis used for repairs were no better, the guy who came to collect the tv, carried it out to his Mercedes suv and put it in the back where there were 4 other tv’s. No packing of any kind, just stick them in there.

You know what, I see a pattern here. Companies seem to be outsourcing their delivery to total muppets! Some high up manager has decided they can save a few pennies.
We ordered a big item from Oak Furnitureland. Delivery crew turned up, and one guy was too weak to properly carry the item. It was very heavy. I kid you not, they ROLLED the box end over end. This despite it being marked clearly "Fragile, this way up ^".
Guess what happened? Opened the box, and the corner piece was split and totally wrecked. I was fudgeing livid!
Of course they buggered off without checking it. This is not the only sub standard delivery we've had from Oak Furnitureland. Take my advice and watch them very carefully when they turn up.

Hope the OP's TV is not damaged.

A professional repair company would normally use large padded “Muffs” to transport TV's.

These TVs need two people to move otherwise you put too much stress on the panel. It's unbelievable how they handle them.

What a disaster!
This is how Curry's (Team Know How) collected my relatively new £2500 LG OLED TV for a repair.
After spending many hours on the phone to Curry's I am unable to raise this as a complaint or speak to any management. Shocking!
Wow. That is outrageously bad. I would be fuming if that was my TV. My TV is going back next week and it cost about the same as yours. If they treat it like that then I will not be at all happy.

I remember a few years ago I returned a 75 inch Sony TV which I only had for a day. I contacted Curry's and they said it was ok for me to return it to my local store. I boxed it up 'as new', like literally only an open box. When I got there, they took it out of the box and threw it on the counter facing upwards and set the remote control and accessories ON THE DISPLAY! I couldn't believe how they treated a brand new 75 inch TV. They tried to connect it up and it wouldn't come on. It was working fine when I had it (except the horrendous OS was very slow and kept crashing).

They messed about trying to get it to work and I had to ask them can I please get a refund. Either way, the TV doesn't work, do it doesn't make any difference. They just threw it on the table like a slab of meat. Couldn't believe it! There was no way I was taking that TV back after that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom