1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware Cheap Ebay DVD-Audio

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tobylou, Dec 10, 2004.

1. tobylou

tobylou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys beware of the following on ebay if bidding on cheap DVD-Audio discs example Missy Elliott. He is really a shoddy person. All itmes are overcharged for postage. Fair enough he states that but he says costs also range from 10-40% for packaging. This is bull, he sends everything in a brown paper envelope, no packaging al all. DVD-audio cases arrive broken, and these aren't like cd or dvd cases you can replace.

his ebay Seller User ID is ali110uk
    his email address is ali1_ebay@hotmail.com

Please beware for the future, especially coming upto Christmas. You don't need to be disappointed. I know other members have mentiond the cheap dvd-audio and sacd on ebay recently.

Regards
    TL

2. CeeGee

CeeGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did he offer to exchange the item? I think he did!!! That is, if you bothered to ask him - and if you didn't ask then all fool you.
    There are plenty of satisfied customers, and although I don't agree with his postal charges he makes his policy perfectly clear and is a way of reducing ebay charges.

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,105
    Moving to DVD Talk.

Also I take it your are Ebay Member: aibgl

I can't see how you can complain when the price was just £0.99 + £1.99 shipping.

Plus he gave you the chance to replace it. Please don't use this forum to air your grievances with other Ebay members.

Greg

4. tobylou

tobylou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To all,

yes that is my ebay id, but i don't live in britain and he charged 3.50 for postage. normally this would be 2.00 from ebayers for cd's or dvd's but i was and still am prepared to pay that. I posted so as to make other aware that there goods would arrived damaged and that this ali wouldn't really give a s**t how it arrived. He did offer to exchange if it i sent it back and he'd send another on. But as it took him nearly a week to send it in the first place, i couldn't be bothered to wait and see if he would. I said to him that and then he started to insult me by email and then left negative feedback. I merely posted to make other aware that he is CHEAP for a reason. A padded envolpe can be got for about 30p but he just sent it in a brown envelope with no backing cards around it so he could make another pound or 2 from the postage. Just beware you have been warned.