Beware at DX: Fiio product of dubious authenticity

kishorfarm

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Fiio D06 Fujiyama portable headphone amplifier at Dealxtreme:

FiiO E6 Portable Headphone Amplifier - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

This was my first and last purchase at DX.

The received product was lacking the Fiio official authenticity label. This label, when present, has a 20 digit that can be introduced in the Fiio web site to verify if the item is genuine. As the label was missing it was not possible to ascertain if the item was fake or genuine.

I sent a picture of the box to the Fiio customer service. After analyzing the picture, they advised me to return the item.

At DX, the answer of the seller to this issue was that, "as the item was actually working" and as "there was no quality problem for the item" (literally) I had to pay the shipping fee to return it. They did not mind if it was fake or genuine.

When genuine, this headphones amplifier is a great product. But beware, buy this product only from authorized sellers. At the Fiio web site there is a list of authorized sellers.

Here is a transcription of the conversation with DX "customer service":

1st answer (after explaining them the problem):

Dear customer,
Really sorry to hear that.
Can the item still be working?

2nd answer (after explaining again them the problem):

Thanks for your reply.
I suppose that the supplier did not offer the authenticity label for us.Please understand.Since it is still working,could you please keep it?

3rd answer (after asking how to return the item):

Ok,but you need to cover the return shipping fee if there is no quality problem for the item.Do you agree?

Attachments

• IMG_4921.JPG
    IMG_4921.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Also, just to mention it, after the issue I wrote a negative review of the product at the DX site. Of course they did not publish the review. So, beware, they only publish positive reviews, just don't trust it.

Regards.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom