Betty Blue - it's out on DVD!!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Feb 2, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Wahey,

Finally, after two years of waiting (since I bought my DVD player), the ultimate French film has arrived on DVD. :) Yes, "Betty Blue - 37.2 Le Matin" is now out on a Region Free DVD from Australia. :) :) :)

The print is good, considering the film is now 15 years old, though some minor grain is noticeable! Having said that, this is the uncensored, 3hr Directors Cut, which is far closer to the novel, and really improves the film no end.

Also, the print is in 16:9 anamorphic widescreen, with removeable Yellow subtitles, that show-up on the black bars, and not the film itself. :eek: Sadly, you only get a Dolby Stereo soundtrack, but it is clear, hiss-free, and really makes good use of the dialogue and music! :(

There is a French-language trailer, and some brief Cast And Crew Notes, but this is still a must-have DVD.

You should be able to get it from EzyDVD, more than likely, though I got mine from a dodgy DVD imnportation guy in my local city centre!

The DVD is produced by "Madman Cinema" and released on the Madman/Potential Films DVD label, with an "Restricted 18+" certificate (for Medium Level Sex Scenes), though the film's sex scenes are actually pretty strong, :eek: and there is plenty of both male and female nudity - so be warned!

Pooch

2. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hmmmm... BETTY BLUE...

In my student days I had a big (4') poster of her in my room.
    Im not sure how it happend but it became tradition for everyone to rub her breasts when they needed luck.

Ok, so this post has nothing to do with the DVD but I just wanted to share it with you :p

3. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm sure I've got the same R4 issue as you Pooch but with it being a 16:9 anamorphic transfer, there are no black bars on my TV and the 'puke yellow' subtitles certainly do appear over the film itself!

Cant take anything away from this disc though, its one of my fave films and the 3hr Directors Cut makes much more sense than the original release.

Jay

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Jay,

Glad you've got hold of this superb film on DVD.

You said: "Well I'm sure I've got the same R4 issue as you Pooch but with it being a 16:9 anamorphic transfer, there are no black bars on my TV and the 'puke yellow' subtitles certainly do appear over the film itself!"

Well, I've checked my DVD again, and when I watch the film on my 28" 4:3 TV, the subtitles DO appear on the black bars. As for 16:9 TV's, I can't say for definite how they appear, so my apologies if I misled you.

As for the "puke yellow subtitles", they're not that bad for you, are they?!

Pooch