better then HT S5405 in under £400 price bracket

technique786

Established Member
Reaction score
Im looking at the Onkyo HT S5405 sytem for under £400 and wondered if i have found the best buy in terms of sound quality. I dont mind paying 10-20 over the £400 but thats it.

Thanks all

Something like the Onkyo 309 and tannoy Sfx speakers should come in for less and sound better.

Thanks for the help. Is there anyone who has actually tried both systems or is it a sure thing that the separate speakers and the amp will be better*

The amps are basically the same but the tannoy speakers are better than the Onkyo ones.

Thanks alot psm1 you have really helped me get a better system then i would have.

I have a new problem my local shop is trying to convince me that the onkyo 309 with the Kef KHT1005.2 "eggs" will be a much better investment and leave me much happier with my choice. Its a little over budget at £500 but

A) is the upgrade worth it and
B) Would that be the best system for £500?

thank you for the help i truly appreciate it

The kegs are better speakers than the tannoys but if they are worth the extra only ou can tell. Try to have a demo and let your own ears decide. Either way I am sure you will be happy with the system you get.

its also worth checking your local currys if they have an audio section as they have some good clearance offers. last time i went i noticed they had a pair of floorstanding q acoustic 2050 and a centre for under £250 and an onkyo (not sure which) amp for about £170

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom